𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

The Lockwood woman paused, looking down at her paper for a second in shame. "We don't talk about those kind of rooms."

"Why not?" he questioned.

She explained to him with a small sigh, "Well, this is the South, honey, but no one likes to reminisce about the old slave days."

"Hey. What are you guys talking about?" Mason questioned as he pushed past Charlie and into the room. She glared at his back for being so rude even though he could not see her. As much as she appreciated how much he helped her when she was new at being a werewolf, he had always been a dick while he did it.

"We were just talking about the old Lockwood property," the boy informed him before looking between all of his family members in the room. "Thinking of having some friends over to the swim hole."

That was when the two werewolves' heads whipped around to look at each other. They needed that spot that night so that they could chain up during the full moon. They at least needed the cellar and for no one to wander down there. Carol was worried about something else, oblivious to the two's interaction. "Well, be careful. If anything happens on the property the family is liable."

"Of course," her son assured her before walking out of the room. Charlie sighed as he went. They really needed to come up with a solution for their predicament.

She went over to Caroline's house afterward because Bonnie was supposed to be doing some spell to make the Forbes girl a daylight ring so that she could wak around in the sun without burning to death. Stefan had somehow convinced the witch to do, but she did not seem happy as she stood by the bed with the grimoire in her hands. Caroline examined the ring that had been picked for her, curled up in a corner where the rays of sunshine could not reach her. "So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?"

"Hey, if you don't want it..." the Bennett girl trailed off, and they all knew that she was fully prepared to just get up and leave them without the enchanted ring.

Both Stefan and Charlie stopped her quickly. "No, no. She wants it."

"Now what?" the blonde girl asked, giving in with a sigh. She was still really upset that her friend hated her for something that she had no control over. She did not choose to be a vampire. Katherine just came in a suffocated her when she had Damon's blood in her system.

"Now is the part where I explain the rules," Bonnie answered before informing all of them with a warning voice, "The witch who spells the ring has the power to de-spell it so if you ever do anything to hurt anyone—"

Caroline cut her off quickly with a determined voice. "I'm not gonna hurt anyone."

"You are a vampire that mean the urge to kill is a part of who you are. The minute you let it take over, I will stop you," the girl informed the new vampire, and her tone was almost threatening. It was shocking to the Lockwoo girl because she had never seen that side of her.

The Forbes girl looked hurt as she glanced between the two supportive friends that her nodding at her comfortingly and the one that was basically threatening to kill her. "Bonnie, you're supposed to be my friend."

"I can't ignore what happened, okay?" Bonnie exclaimed, throwing one of her hands up in the air so that she could still hold the grimoire. "If you want to be friends, you have to prove that the Caroline I remember isn't gone. Now put the ring on the bed."

"Do you really think I meant to kill that guy at the carnival?" the blonde girl asked after she did as she was told.

"He's still dead," the Bennett girl pointed out, even though they all already knew that. "Now, do you want me to cast the spell or not?" Caroline fell silent, and the witch opened the curtains a little bit so that the sun shined on the ring. She looked at the ring before closing her eyes for a moment. She finally opened them, and even though it looked like nothing had changed, Charlie could practically feel the magic in the air. "All done."