"Even the smallest of changes could have catastrophic consequences." Aramis nodded along, knowing it was wise to stick to themselves and avoid doing anything which might have dire results. "Things must happen as they always did."

"Which is also why we should keep moving." Odette pointed out as she began to move towards the path again. "It wouldn't be good if we run into someone and have them stuck in a conversation with us instead of going where they're meant to be and meeting the love of their life there."

"You really like making up theories of what's meant to happen, don't you?" Emma asked Odette with a confused look on her face as the rest of the group followed after her while the blonde simply shrugged her shoulders in response.

"It's important to stay aware of the stakes." After all, they shouldn't be worried only about their own futures. Something they do might change the life of a stranger, and while it would have no impact on them personally, it still wouldn't be right.

"So who would these two-" Emma was about to indulge the other woman in her little theories, however, before she could fully do so, the sound of horses coming down the road behind them had all four of them freezing for a moment as they looked back.

"It could be the Queen again." Killian announced, sharing a look with Aramis who pointed out two possible hiding spots before taking Emma by the hand and leading her in the direction of one while Killian and Odette rushed to the other. Pressing her back against the bark of a thick tree stump, Odette spared a glance around it, watching as a white carriage rolled down the path and was about to pass them.

However, it never did before it rolled to a stop, some of the guards in the front calling out to whoever it was inside. And it wasn't long before one of the occupants jumped out of the carriage to investigate the situation. "Oh boy." Odette muttered out, quickly realizing what exactly the situation was. And as she did, her eyes began glancing around the treetops above them.

"That's David. We should leave, before he-" Killian began to move, but didn't even manage to take a step away before Odette pulled him back to her with urgent force. It made him stumble a bit, nearly crashing into her before he regained his balance only to find himself much closer in front of her than either of them must've intended.

"Don't move. We can't move." Odette whispered out carefully. She knew Snow had to be somewhere around here. If she saw them moving in the area, she wouldn't risk robbing the carriage if they could see her. They couldn't put this moment of the past in danger.

"Wouldn't dream of it." Killian muttered out; his eyes entirely focused as he stared down at her. And it was impossible for Odette to turn her own away as they remained frozen in their own little moment for who knows how long.

Only when David's voice called out again, instructing his men that they had to keep moving as the log in their path was removed, did both Odette and Killian return back to reality and focused on their situation again. Eyes turning back to the road, they watched as David climbed back into the carriage again and it continued on its way.

"Did we... Did we miss it?" Odette questioned with furrowed brows, still speaking quietly even as they left their hiding places once the area was clear again. Sure, she knew how skilled of a thief Snow could be, but was she really that distracted that she'd missed the entire ordeal?

"Miss what?" Killian questioned in a confused tone as they reunited with Emma and Aramis in the middle of the road again.

"You know that thing about small changes having consequences?" Emma's question had both Killian and Odette's eyes turning to her, the pirate grunting out an affirmative response while Odette could only sigh realizing she hadn't missed anything. There had been nothing to miss.

"I'd say that was more along the lines of an enormous, elephant sized, most certainly disastrous change." Odette pointed out in an annoyed tone, knowing just how horrible the consequences of what had just happened, or rather didn't happen, could be.

"Why? What did we do?" Aramis questioned with furrowed brows, both Killian and he now glancing between the two women as they expected an answer.

"That bandit was Snow White. This was the moment my parents first met." Emma explained in a defeated tone.

"Well, if we had any doubts about it before, now we certainly have to find Rumplestiltskin." Odette gave out a small sigh, knowing the Dark One was probably their only chance at rectifying this.

"You really think he'll be willing to help us?" Aramis questioned in a somewhat dubious tone. Just as with Regina, the Rumplestiltskin they'd be dealing with here and now most certainly wasn't the same man they had grown used to in Storybrooke.

"Before? Not sure. Now? Definitely." Odette said in a completely convinced tone, earning herself a few confused looks, one from even Emma herself. "Think about it. His plan to end up in our world and find Neal? It hinges on you. You being born and breaking the curse. If anyone has a vested interest in fixing this, it's Rumple."

"Then we best get to finding him."

-----

We're close to the end, so of course, I'm on a roll. Hope no one minds!