Chapter Five

-Third Person-

Later that night, Ed, Lorraine, Amy, Annabelle, Cindy, Janice, Linda and Judy wake up to Janet and Peggy screaming. They rush out of the room.

"Janet!" Peggy yells at the top of her lungs.

"What's going on?" Ed asks.

"There's someone in there with Janet!" Peggy yells again.

"Get the key! Go get the key now!" Amy yells as Peggy runs to get the key.

Ed moves in front of the door and tries to push it open. Amy and Annabelle moves closer too and she sees Janet being strangled by the curtain.

"Did you see that too, Bee?" Amy asks and she answers, "Yeah I saw that, the demon hurt to Janet."

"Janet! Hold on! We're coming!" Lorraine yells to Janet.

Peggy comes running back with the key. She hands it to Ed and he unlocks the door. Ed finally gets the door open. Peggy gets the curtain off of Janet, and pulls her into a hug.

"What was that?" Peggy asks. "There was someone in here! I saw them with me own eyes! He did this to my girl." Peggy starts to sob.

------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Ed, Lorraine, Amy (was hug with Annabelle), Cindy, Janice, Linda and Judy sit down to talk to Maurice, Graham, and Anita.

"This is the bite wound Janet received the first night. It's a little faded here but you can still make it out." Graham says before he shows Ed a picture.

"Wow. That's pretty distinctive. Two missing teeth." Ed mutters.

"That's right. And it's too big for one of the children." Maurice says.

"You think this was the spirit? Bill Wilkins?" Amy asks confused.

"I tracked down the house owner. And it turns out, the owner's father lived there. His name was William Wilkins and he died of a hemorrhage in the brain in that chair. Everything she said is true." Maurice explains.

"All public information, by the way. She could've heard the whole story from a neighbor." Anita says.

"And what about the claims that Janet has been teleporting around the house in her sleep?" Lorraine asks.

"About as valid as their claims of her levitating off the bed." Anita says again.

"Were any of you there when it happened?" Lorraine asks.

"No. But I have pictures of that too." Graham says.

Graham hands Ed the picture. Lorraine, Amy, Cindy and Judy look over at the photo.

"Amy, do you think that's was real?" Cindy asks.

"I don't know, but the question is why the demon bite to Janet?" Amy asks.

"I have to admit. The way her knees are bent, the upright position of her body. It looks like she's just jumping." Ed explains.

"What are you saying? I mean, you were there last night. You saw with your own eyes." Maurice says.

"Well, Peggy was the one who saw someone attacking Janet." Ed admits.

"But she teleported herself into a room locked from the outside for goodness sake. And what about her voice? How do we explain that?" Maurice asks.

"I think the first time she was making that voice it was in front of television cameras. And she couldn't do it with water in her mouth until you looked away. So she could have spit it out, taken another sip before you turned around. Last year, I was conned by a Welsh family pretending to be possessed by demons. Honestly, I don't know what was worse, the demons or the people who prey on our willingness to believe in them."

"Wait a second Anita, you mean that it was a fake?" Amy asks and she nod.

"But the demons are worse." Lorraine mutters.

"But you must admit, it is suspicious." Anita says.

"You sincerely believe that she is faking everything? And what about Peggy?" Maurice asks.

"She's just using the whole thing as an excuse to get better housing from the council. She's already applied!" Anita argues.

"Look, I'm not saying it's a hoax. Sometimes, what we do requires a leap of faith. To believe when nobody else will." Amy says.

"So you really do believe them?" Anita asks.

"Yes we do, and we cannot believe that you say was a fake." Judy says.

"Judy's right. But the church can't do anything without proof. That's what we need." Ed explains.

"Right, listen. I'll make some telephone calls, see if I can get a hold of some video recording equipment." Maurice proposes.

"In the meantime, Ed, Amy, Cindy, Judy and I can be spending time with Peggy and the kids, because they need to be a family again." Lorraine says.

After Lorraine say that, Amy become angry as her family, Annabelle, Linda and Janice watching her.

"Hon, this is not good for Amy." Ed whispered

"I know, after Anita say that was a fake, she become angry." Lorraine whispered.

"And we know Amy hate a fake." Annabelle replied as Judy, Cindy, Linda and Janice nod.

-----------------------------------------------------

Later that day, all of the kids go to the house with Peggy and Janet. They all say how much they missed each other.

"So have any of you ever been bothered by a bully?" Lorraine asks.

"Pete at school. He's always picking on Billy." Janet says.

"And, dear, tell me, what do you do when that happens?" Amy asks.

"They stick up for me." Billy stutters.

"Good because the spirit in this house is a lot like that bully. And he's got it in for Janet. So you guys got to stick up for her, the same way they stick up for you. Family sticks together. This on the other hand, is a lost cause." Lorraine says

"Oh bloody hell. We've had all sorts of things stop working for no reason at all." Peggy sighs.

"We're gonna have music in here one way or another. Who's guitar is that?" Ed asks.

"Oh it's Dads but he said I could have it" Margaret explains.

"Yeah do you mind?" Ed asks.

"No." Margaret says as she grabs the guitar for Ed.

"I'm a little rusty, so you got to promise not to laugh." Ed chuckles.

Everyone sits down in front of Ed. Lorraine, Amy, Cindy, Janice, Linda and Judy stand by each other in the doorway.

"Especially you four." Ed tells Lorraine, Amy, Cindy and Judy.

"Oh, come on." Judy says as Janice, Cindy, Amy and Lorraine giggle.

Ed starts playing the guitar. He then starts imitating Elvis singing. The Hodgson's all laugh at Ed.

"Thank you." Ed adds in while he's singing.

Lorraine wraps her arm around Amy's back. She pulls Amy closer. Ed continues to sing.

"Everybody now!" Ed shouts.

The Hodgsons all start to sing along with Ed. Lorraine starts to giggle at the kids singing. Lorraine kisses Amy's forehead. Lorraine then gives Ed a sincere look.

"Thank you very much." Ed imitates before he stops singing.

"That's a good singing, Dad." Amy says.

"Thank you, Amy." Ed says as Annabelle, Janice, Cindy, Linda and Judy laugh.