Chapter Six

-Third Person-

The next day, a 1968 AMC Ambassador (the Warren's car) and a 1971 Volkswagen Station Wagon (basically a minivan) rolled up to the Perron house. Ed stepped out and went to the minivan, sliding the door open and grabbing out the gear needed to gather all the evidence with Drew, their helper and technical assistant while Lorraine, Amy (was hug to Annabelle as the doll), Janice, Linda and Judy looked out for another car.

"Oh, here's Brad," Lorraine stated, seeing a 1967 Ford Mustang roll up and stop just behind the minivan. A man wearing a leather jacket and sunglasses came out the car and his posture suggested to Amy that he was a cocky and an occasionally egotistical man.

"You find it okay?" Ed asked. "Oh yeah," Brad answered, closing his car door and walking to the group. "Drew, this is Officer Brad," Lorraine introduces the two. "Officer Brad Hamilton, Harrisville, Rhode Island P.D," Brad introduces himself, shaking Drew's hand. "Nice to meet you, man" Drew says, taking a bite out of some food he had in his hand.

"So, you're the lucky new cop, huh?" It wasn't a question, more of a statement. "Guess so," Brad answered back, looking at the house before him. "You know you can't shoot ghosts right?" Drew said, trying to tease the man. Ed decided to step in. "Go easy on him Drew. All right, guys help me get this stuff unloaded." Ed called to them, handing a bag or two to Drew before carrying one of his own, sliding the minivan door closed.

Lorraine, Amy and Judy greeted Roger stepping into the house. A few moments later, the three males were setting up cameras and flashes monitoring each door. Amy and Judy decided to help, wiring up some wires that connected the flash and the movement detector beside it while Annabelle watching them.

"All right, When you're finished here, why don't you hit upstairs, all right, Drew?" After wiring up the whole bottom floor, they started to do the same to the bedrooms upstairs. Camera's were placed strategically in the corner of each room, facing the bed and other areas of the room, enabling them to see all areas of the bedroom. Especially Andreas. A small bell was hung around each door to warn them if the door was opening by itself and Drew had helped Amy set up a camera in the hallway.

Back down at the bottom of the house, Ed and Roger were taking a short walk to the tree where Brad the officer stood, getting their equipment ready where the witch hung herself. "Brad, hand me a thermostat will ya?" Ed asked, planting the camera right in front of the branch that was growing sideways from the big old tree before the lake, tilting the camera at the angle where it was facing up to the branch.

Brad gave a small grunt to acknowledge he had heard Ed and went to grab said item from a metal briefcase from the floor while Ed was adjusting the camera. "Uh, what's this, uh, do?" Roger asked. He wanted to know how these would help in getting evidence. That and he didn't want to feel left out.

"Well, when there's an instant drop in temperature, the thermostat triggers the camera to take a picture," Ed explains to a confused Roger. "You've actually caught things on film?" Roger asked surprised. He didn't think they would have considering most of these demonic stories would've been fake. Wouldn't it? "Well, yeah, that's, uh the point," Ed says, twisting several knobs to tighten the camera angle while Brad worked on cleaning the camera lens.

"Why out here?" Roger asked, looking around. Last he checked, there was no activity from this area specifically. "Well, this is where the witch committed suicide. She hung herself from that branch right above where you're standing," Ed informed, peering through the small gap where you would've placed your eye to check the magnification and image before taking a shot, not noticing Roger had quickly walked away from the spot he had been previously occupying at the information Ed had given.