Chapter Eight

-Third Person-

Brad goes to get more coffee. He hears a whisper say, "Look what you made me do." He looks around but she's nothing. Brad starts to go into another room.

Once he's in the door way, a women in a maid outfit appears.

"Look what you made me do." She whispers.

Brad walks closer to the women. She walks behind a sheet that was hanging up. Brad moves the sheet then the women comes at him and pushes him against a wall. Brad starts screaming for Ed.

"Hold up, Brad. What's going on?" Ed asked as calmly as he could. Lorraine arrived behind Drew after rushing to the yelling. "I saw someone. There was a woman dressed as a maid," Brad panted out, relaying what he had seen. A camera flashed and Roger, Amy, Janice, Linda, Judy and Annabelle, who didn't run to Brad, looked to the flash only to find Cindy slowly walking to the stairs. Amy walked with Cindy until she remembered the flash. Cindy didn't trigger it. Someone was with her.

"Ed? Ed, we're getting something," Lorraine informed Ed, pointing to the camera and Cindy. Ed didn't hesitate in coming out of the laundry room, speed-walking to the rest. "It's just Cindy, she's sleepwalking," Roger tried to inform but was interrupted by Ed. "No, wait, we need this," Judy said, holding up a hand to stop Roger from getting to Cindy.

"Pictures of Cindy sleepwalking?" Roger asked confused. "No, Cindy didn't trigger the cameras," Judy spoke up, a frown of concern on her face. "What do you mean she didn't trigger it?" Roger asked. "Look, the camera's we have don't react when humans walk past it. Like just now, you're standing in front of the camera, and it isn't taking any shots. Rory is with Cindy. A spirit. A ghost. Not the powerful one. But I can see it," Amy explained as quickly as possible.

They watched carefully as Cindy reached the landing, walking straight into Andrea's room. Without warning, the room door slammed shut, jarring Ed and Roger, who had been watching to pounce up two stairs at a time to Andrea's door.

Without a moment's hesitation, Roger and Ed began to push on the door, trying to force it open to get to Cindy. The cameras in the room began to flash, taking multiple pictures. But no one seemed to care. Amy was quick to run to the equipment placing on the headphones and listening in on Andrea's room. Drew followed behind quickly and did the same as Amy.

Roger and Ed continued to bang on the door, but Amy tuned it out listening to the voices in the room. "Hey, over here. It's safe," a voice of a little boy whispered. "Dad! Stop banging on the door! There's someone in there with her. She and him are scared!" Amy called out. Ed and Roger didn't hear her. Lorraine came rushing, and Amy knew instantly Lorraine wanted to listen. Amy got up and passed the headphones to Lorraine while Amy went upstairs to her father and Roger.

Amy's head throbbed slightly. "Follow me. This way. This is where I hide," the boy's voice said. In Amy's head, Roger and Ed's banging had been dulled and the voice seemed to echo in her head. "Stop!" Amy yelled. The two adults stopped. The door immediately swung open, revealing an empty room. No Cindy.

Roger, Ed and Brad piled into the room. No sign of Cindy. As Roger called out his daughter's name, the temperature in the room seemed to drop almost instantly, and every exhale caused mist to appear. They ignored it, their only priority right now was finding Cindy. Brad turned on the lights and checked under the bed while Ed checked the windows. They were locked a there was no way Cindy used the windows.

"Where'd she go Ed?" Roger asked, his frantic voice betraying his calm nature. As Roger frantically searched for his missing daughter, Ed tried to be as calm as he could, checking under the bed while Roger shifted through Andrea's closet. An idea popped into Amy's mind. "I'll get the UV light," Amy said, running out the door and down the stairs. "Drew, where's the UV?" Amy asked quickly.