Chapter Four

-Third Person-

A few minutes later, Lorraine, Amy, Annabelle and Linda had gone to hang out with the girls while Ed, Judy and Janice went to the dining area to question Roger and Carolyn on the haunting.

Carolyn was pouring some water from the kettle when her sleeves rode up, showing the bruise marks on her skin. Ed had clearly noticed. "Those bruises, they from something that happened here?" Judy asked. "Oh, it's some iron deficiency thing I have," Carolyn answered, rubbing it slightly before placing both arms on the table. "You know, with all that's been going on, why haven't you just moved out? Most people run after a few nights," Ed asked.

"Well, I don't know where we'd move to, you know? We got all our money tied up in this place and had a lot of repairs on top of that. And I don't know anybody who's gonna take in a family of seven indefinitely," Roger answered. "That's why we tracked you down," Carolyn added.

"Well, we're glad you found us when you did," Judy said with a smile that calmed the couple before them. "All right, let's get started," Ed said, grabbing the mic and speaking into it, not before pressing down on a button on the cassette player while Janice watching them. "My name is Ed Warren, It's November 1st 1971. We're sitting here with Carolyn Perron, who with her family, has been experiencing supernatural occurrences," Ed finished, placing the mic down in front of Carolyn and beckoning her to explain. "Okay, go ahead."

"Where do I start?" Carolyn said, crossing her fingers over each other. "From the first occurrence," Ed prompted gently.

"I guess it was the clocks," Carolyn began.

In another room, April's room, Lorraine, Linda and Amy hug the Annabelle as a doll had sat down from across April herself who was holding the circus tent music box. "Mom and Dad tell me that you have a friend," Lorraine said. It wasn't a question, it was a statement.

"His name is Rory, he lives here too. But he's always sad," April answered.

"And why is that?" Amy said, sharing her sympathy with April for Rory.

"He won't tell me, but I think something bad happened to him," April whispers, as though someone was listening. It took Lorraine a moment. This girl was smart. "Do you mind if we try to see Rory?" Lorraine asked. April handed the music box to Lorraine with care and Lorraine and Amy took it. She opened the cover which had a spiral on a mirror and wound up the music box.

The little clown popped up and down as the music went on, and Lorraine, Amy and Bee moved the mirror around, trying to catch a glimpse of Rory. She finally stopped the mirror right behind her shoulder and waited as the mirror turned.

The song continued and one round of the mirror later, she caught a glimpse of a small boy standing behind the glass. Rory. Another round of the mirror later and he was gone, vanished from behind the glass. Lorraine, Amy and Bee turned around to double check but didn't see Rory there.

"Did you see that, Mom, Linda?" Amy asked and Lorraine answers, "Yeah, we did."

After the interview and the glimpse of Rory, Lorraine, Amy, Linda and Bee (change back to human) walked outside to the backyard, the screen door closing behind her. She walked forwards past the huge tree that grew sideways and watched the small pier in front of her where a small old rowboat floated, the water barely moving in the afternoon air while the trees that surrounded the area created a small gap to a bigger body of water further out.

"Hey," Ed called out to Lorraine, Amy, Linda and Bee. "What are you doing here?" Judy asked as she and Janice come to her as well. Amy nearly missed the light flinch her mother did. Nearly. But it wasn't because of Ed. Amy heard it too.

"What is it?" Ed asked them both worriedly. Lorraine and Bee looked up when she heard rope squeaking again. Behind Ed and Judy, Lorraine and Bee finally saw where the sound came from. A dead, cold grey corpse hung from the tree they were standing under, the rope attached to the branch that had grown sideways. Lorraine and Bee gasped in fear and Ed and Judy turned to look where Lorraine and Bee had been staring, seeing nothing.

Lorraine stumbled from a dizzy spell and Ed reached out to steady her while Annabelle didn't. "We can hear ropes Mum. We hear squeaking ropes. I can see it, right Linda?" She nod as Amy trembled again, still standing in the same spot, not going to her parents.

-Amy Warren-

"We bought it from the bank, so we never knew who lived here." Roger said to us.

There was a pause and I saw Mom feel uneasy. I took her hand to calm her dawn.

She gently smiled at me then turned to her husband to tell them.

"Me, Sisters, Dad and Mom think that you're house needs a cleansing. An exorcism."

They both looked at us scared and confused.

"Wh- an exorcism? I thought that would- I thought that was something that you do to people?" Roger said confused.

"No, not necessarily, no." Said Mom.

"We have to get out of here." Exclaimed Carolyn.

"I'm afraid thats not gonna help." They both looked at me, confused. "Mom and me saw something." They turned to her for an explanation.

"I've been seeing the dark entity that haunts your house, in your land. I and Amy saw it first when we came threw your door. It was lodged to your back. I saw it with the girls in the living room and was on Ed's back. It doesn't matter where you go, this dark entity has lodged itself to your family and its feeding of you." Mom explained.

"Even if we leave?" Carolyn whispered.

"Sometimes when you get haunted, it's like stepping on gum, you take it with you." Dad said.

"I need to tell you, you have a lot of spirits in here, but this is the one i'm most worried about because it is so hate full."

"So what do we do now? Do we call a priest?" Asked Roger.

"I wish it were that easy. Preforming an exorcism is an archive procedure. It requires years of training and then me saw it go horribly wrong." Dad explained.

"Before we go that far, church has to authorise it first. I means we have to investigate, gather evidence and provide proof, now thats the hard part."