Chapter Five

-Third Person in Warren house-

Amy came into Judy's room to say goodnight to Judy only to find her mother already there. "Oh, I didn't know you were here Mom. Night little monkey," Amy bid, tickling Judy, making her laugh. "Amy? Can you stay for a moment?" Judy requested. "Sure, Sis," Amy answered, sitting beside her mother on Judy's bed. "Judy, what're you up to?" Lorraine asked a cheeky looking Judy in her bed.

"I got you and Amy a present," Judy said, taking up her pillow to reveal 3 necklaces. "Me and Nanna got these at the church's yard sale," Judy explained, grabbing her own but not before dropping one into her big sister's palm. Lorraine held up hers. It had an old ornate design, but it was clean and silver, hung on a silver chain.

Carefully, Amy pried hers open which unfolded into three parts and each part had a picture of each of her family. Lorraine on the right, Judy in the center and Ed on the left. Judy's pendant too unfolded into three parts, showing her big sister, her father and her mother in each section. Lorraine's pendant only had two parts. Judy's photo on the right side and Amy's on the left.

"She put a picture of you, Daddy and Amy in mine. Nanna said this way, we'll always be together. You'll be with me and I'll be with you," Judy says, turning to the two women looking at her with happy smiles. "I miss you, Daddy and Amy when you go," Judy says. A few moments later, Amy bid Judy goodnight once more and soon, Lorraine did the same, tucking Judy into bed before leaving her to sleep. Downstairs, Lorraine and Amy were at the dining table, files and papers sprawled across the surface with Amy still looking through papers, Annabelle, Janice and Linda sit on the table to watching them and Lorraine playing with the pendant Judy had given earlier.

"Hey Amy, how are you feeling?" Annabelle asked then she answers, "I'm good, but I still don't know why the Perron house is hunting by the demon?" she asked then Janice answers, "I don't know."

Not long after, Judy wake up and going downstairs to some a drink then Amy, Lorraine, Linda, Janice and Annabelle realised it.

"What happened, Judy?" Amy asked then she answers, "I can't sleep, Amy. I want to drink some water, I'm thirsty." after she answers, Annabelle, Janice and Linda sighed.

Ed in the background was listening to the interview that they had done with Roger and Carolyn before giving a frown. Carolyn's voice hadn't recorded. "Hey girls?" Ed called out to his wife and his girls. Lorraine hastily dropped the pendant and looked to her husband. "Yup?"

"You're not going to believe this. Carolyn's voice didn't record," Ed informed. "Wait, so that whole 30-minute interview was nothing? Just no voice at all?" Amy asked her father in bewilderment. Ed gave a small nod.

"What do you mean?" Annabelle asked as the girls walked to Ed.

"Listen." Ed said as he starts to play the recording.

"My name is Ed Warren, It's November 1st 1971. We're sitting here with Carolyn Perron, who with her family, has been experiencing supernatural occurrences." Ed on tape informed.

"Okay, go ahead,"

Silence where Carolyn had meant to be speaking.

"From the first occurrence."

Silence again when Carolyn was meant to be explaining.

"Nothing. The whole time. I don't know, you find anything?" Ed said, stopping the tape.

"Lots," Lorraine answered back. "It's no wonder they're going through what they are. That's the original farmhouse. It was built in 1863 by a man named Jedson Sherman who was married to a woman named Bathsheba," Lorraine explained, giving Ed some pictures of the farmhouse in 1863.

"After Bathsheba married Jedson, they had a baby and when the baby was 7 days old, Jedson caught her sacrificing it in front of the fireplace. She ran out to that tree by the dock, climbed up, proclaimed her love to Satan, cursed anyone who tried to take her land, and hung herself. Time of death was pronounced at 3:07 in the morning," Lorraine gave a picture of Bathsheba's death cert to Ed who looked it over. "Well, that explains a few things."

Lorraine grabbed another picture. "Yeah, so does this. Amy found it," Lorraine pointed to a woman in the picture. "Her last name's Walker. She lived there in the '30s. She had a boy named Rory who mysteriously disappeared in the woods. Then she killed herself in the cellar. That was who April was talking about," she explained.

"Wait, it's that what we saw..." Amy asked.

"It does, and that's not all," Lorraine continued, grabbing a map from a few rolls of paper in the corner and unravelling it, revealing a whole tonne of red dots around the map. "So, what was the original 200-acre farm has since been subdivided and sold off. There was another boy who drowned in a pond here. He lived in a house over here," Lorraine pointed to an upper part of the map.

"And a woman who worked as a maid in a neighboring home, she committed suicide too," Lorraine looks at them.

"That's a lot explanation." Judy said as Janice, Annabelle and Linda nod.

His face comes to an understanding. "People who took her land," he stated.

Suddenly, the tape player Ed had brought over began to play.

"We're sitting here with Carolyn Perron, who with her family, has been experiencing supernatural occurrences." Ed on tape informed.

"Okay, go ahead,"

On tape where Carolyn was supposed to speak came a loud wheezing sound, followed by small growling. Lorraine, Ed, Bee, Janice, Judy and Amy frowned in confusion and worry.

"From the first occurrence."

The growling and wheezing continued and then came the sound of women wailing. They slowly turned her head to the clock that was beside the player. 03:07am.

"Mom, Dad, Bee, Janice, Linda, Sis, is that what we thinking right now?" Amy asked as all of them nod.