Chapter Seven

-Amy Warren-

In the morning, the Perrons, our family, Drew and Brad were in the kitchen eating breakfast, I was washing the dishes when little April came to me with a plate of pancakes

"For you!" She smiled.

"Thank you, darling'" I smiled as well.

Everyone was laughing and having a good time.

I wasn't really paying attention what everyone was saying until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and looked at Mom.

"Want to help me with the laundry?" Mom asked.

"Sure." I said as I and Annabelle come to help my mom.

Me, Mom and Bee were doing laundry when Dad, Judy, Linda and Janice came up behind Mom and hugged her.

I and Bee couldn't hear what Dad said to her, but I think its something loving.

"They are such a beautiful family."

"Yeah, that little one, April. She bring me pancakes?"

"Ok, you two, enough loveie dovie for today." I said.

"Oh, you're just jealous." Said Dad.

"We're not." Said Annabelle as Janice and Linda laugh.

We all erupted in giggles.

Mom, I and Bee went back to work, taking down the sheets as quick as she could, folding them with haste and placing them in a laundry basket beside her. The ground which was covered in dried leaves fluttered as the wind blew them off the floor. The wind blew stronger and the sheet Lorraine and I was reaching for flew off its peg. Suddenly, it seemed to wrap around a figure right in front of Lorraine and me. Mom, Bee and I eyes widened in surprise and shock. The figure just stood there, unmoving. It looked like it was staring straight at us.

Before she could do anything else, the figure disappeared, letting the sheet blow past, but not before flying up to the top floor window on the left where Carolyn's room was, pushing itself against the house, covering the area completely. The wind picked up more and the sheet flew off the house wall, revealing a woman with shaggy hair and grey skin in a dirtied white nightgown.

"Mom, is that..." I said.

"Bathsheba." Mom continued what I said.

"No way." Annabelle said.

The demon turned away from the window, walking further into the room she was in. Carolyn's room. Carolyn was sleeping in that room. Realisation struck us and without a moment to waste, Mom, I and Bee rushed into the house.

-Third Person-

In the master bedroom, Carolyn had been having a peaceful nap. Well, as peaceful as it could get when you had to worry about a demonic presence in the house. As she slept, she was unknowing of the four scratch-like bruises that appeared on her right lower arm near the wrist. Carolyn was woken when she felt unbearable pain, as though she was being choked. She screamed.

Her whole body seemed almost paralysed as the demon Bathsheba appeared above her, bloodshot, yellow eyes staring straight into her soul. Her face was veiny and there were dark outlines around her eyes, as though she had been wearing mascara and cried. Below her eyes was a pointed witch-like nose and below that a bloody wide open mouth, her teeth crooked and rotten. Carolyn was gasping in fear, her mouth wide open in shock and panic as Bathsheba loomed over her like she was her prey. No. Carolyn wasn't prey, Carolyn was her vessel.

With a disgusting roar, Bathsheba vomited a blood-like substance into Carolyn's mouth making Carolyn pitch forward into a sitting position, retching and gasping, Bathsheba now nowhere to be seen. She had done what she needed to do. She had poured her presence into Carolyn and now she only had to wait.

Lorraine, Amy and Annabelle was now running up the stairs, two steps at a time to Carolyn's room. She opened the door as gently as she could while running and called out Carolyn's name when she heard Carolyn retching in the bathroom. "Carolyn?! Are you okay?!" Lorraine called out, slamming the door with her palm.

"Carolyn, open the door!" Lorraine calls out, jiggling the door handle in an attempt to open the door. "Carolyn, open up!" Lorraine calls out again. Carolyn just coughs and retches again. Lorraine abandons the door and exits the bedroom, speed-walking to the other entry to the bathroom. Right when she got there, Carolyn opened the door.

"Are you okay? Are you sick?" Amy asked immediately, looking Carolyn over. She looked horrible. She looked thinner than she was an hour or so ago, she looked tired, her eyes were squinted and her skin pale. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and the way she acted even seemed suspicious, like she was avoiding the question.

"I woke up just feeling a little nauseous, that's all," Carolyn assured, shrugging her shoulders tiredly. "We thought we saw-" Lorraine was about to say but she was interrupted by Carolyn who stumbled out the bathroom saying she heard Roger and the girls coming back from their ice cream trip. Lorraine watched Carolyn in surprise as Carolyn turned the corner and went down the stairs.

Back outside, Roger had seen Ed and Judy with the old Chevy that needed fixing under a wooden shed-like structure. "Hey, I hope you don't mind. I got a good deal on a rebuild at that wrecking yard in Smithfield," Ed informed as he saw Roger walking toward him.

"No, you look like you know what you're doing," Roger joked, making Janice, Linda, Judy and himself chuckle.

"You got a nice place here Roger. Lorraine and I always wanted a spot in the country. Amy and Judy usually protests at having to live in the middle of nowhere but I'm pretty sure she likes the place," Ed says, reaching into the car engine to tweak something. "I'll sell you this one," Roger jokes. Ed and Roger just chuckles.

"Hey, uh, it really means a lot to us to have you here. I gotta admit, I was a little bit sceptical going in. Just wanna say thank you though, for coming out when you did," Roger thanks, leaning against a wooden beam.

"I can't take the credit. That's... uh, that's all Lorraine, Amy and Judy. I didn't want Lorraine, Amy and Judy to go," Ed admitted. "Oh. Why's that?" Roger questioned. Ed and Judy stopped what he and she was doing, suddenly going serious. "Whatever mom and Amy sees, feels, touches, it helps people. But it also takes a toll on her. Little piece each time," Judy says as Ed nod, turning his head and going back to working on the engine then Roger asked, "What do you mean?"

"Couple months ago, we were working on a case. Lorraine saw something." he explains.

-Flashback-

Lorraine looks into Maurice's eyes. He stares at her for a little. Lorraine starts to scream.

-End Flashback-

"It took a real big piece. When we got home. She went into our room. Locked herself in. Didn't talk. Didn't eat. Didn't come out for eight days." Ed continue.

"Is that true, Judy?" Janice asks then she nod.

"What did she see?" Roger asks.

-Flashback-

Lorraine keeps screaming while Maurice chants at her. She falls to the ground.

"Mommy!" Amy and Judy yelled as Ed and the girls quickly goes to her side.

"Get out of here!" Ed yells at the camera guy.

-End Flashback-

"I don't know." Ed shakes his head. "And I won't ask." As for Judy, she can't tell him as well, only can tell to Janice and Linda.