When I got home, I plopped myself onto my bed and sulked.

"Is this how I'm going to be living again?" I thought.

I was bullied at my previous school as well.

The bullies at my previous school would often make me do their assignments and bring them food, or lend them my money. And if I messed up, tried to plead or didn't return it in time, they would take me behind the school and take turns beating me.

I got expelled because they hid drugs in my backpack when teachers searched everyone's bags because one of them accidentally left a cigarette behind the school.

One day, the bullies found me after I was expelled blamed me for the cigarette and said that the school was falling apart for them.

They dragged me into a quiet place and started beating me up, they went overboard and ended up hospitalising me for a month.

I apparently lost a few memories to this.

I eventually drifted off into sleep in all these thoughts.

Danielle's POV
On my way to school today, I saw Y/n walking to school as well across the road.

They seemed less lively than yesterday and I got worried.

Suddenly, Y/n started walking in my direction and my heart started beating faster. They were just crossing the road to get onto our side. I calmed down.

"Ooooooo, looks like Dani's got something for the new kid!" Teased Hanni.

"S-shut up!" I responded, playfully slapping her in the arm.

When it was time to play basketball and choose teams in P.E, Hyuk and Jaewook got picked as captains as they were the most popular.

As time went by, I noticed everyone but Y/n were being picked so I opted for Hyuk to pick them.

Y/n's POV
In gym class, the bullies were picked as team captains for basketball so I pretty much lost hope.

That was until Danielle, the nice girl spoke up and chose me to be in her team.

She was so beautiful and I zoned out for a second.

I snapped out of it when the whistle blew and everyone started playing.

"Pass the ball to me!" Yelled Yeonjun, one of the more sporty kids.

So I did and then he passed to Danielle.

Danielle passed back to me and then I froze for a moment.

"Take the shot!" She yelled.

I shot the ball and it went in and won us the game.

After gym class, Danielle came up to me.

"Hey good job! You're pretty good." She said

I got butterflies in my stomach

"I'm Danielle, but you can call me Dani!" She said, offering a handshake.

"I-I'm Y/n." I said while shaking her hand.

Her touch felt so soft and relieving.

Later on, the two bullies Hyuk and Jaewook came over to bother me again.

"Sup Beethoven? You like strawberry milk?" Said Hyuk.

Jaewook then got out a carton of strawberry milk and poured it over my head.

"P-p-please stop..." I pleaded.

"Huh? What was that? Couldn't hear you, speak up!" Said Jaewook.

I was going to burst into tears until someone came to my rescue.

It was Danielle and her friends.

"What are you doing? Leave them alone right now you stupid JERKS!!!" She shouted.

"This isn't over," They said.

The two bullies quickly left before anything else happened.

"Are you hurt?" Danielle said.

"N-no, I just need to wash my hair out.." I said.

"Well, Dani can help you wash up in the bathroom." Minji hinted and winked at Danielle.

"Let's go Y/n." Danielle said, trying to hide her embarrassment.

Danielle's POV
I helped Y/n clean out the strawberry milk in their hair and they used the hand dryer to dry their hair.

When they finished, we came face to face and our eyes locked into each other again and I started getting that same fuzzy feeling and I could feel my ears and cheeks going pink.

Y/n's face did the same and we walked out of the bathroom back to our friends in silence.

On the way, My pinky finger subconsciously found itself in theirs.

They turned to look at me awkwardly.

I snapped back into it and froze for a split second.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I apologised and immediately took my hand away from theirs.

"No.. it's fine, I liked that." Y/n said, looking down, blushing.

"Well aren't you two the perfect pair?" Said Hanni.

I shot her a look without Y/n noticing.

The rest of the school day went by quickly.

I was walking home when I saw Y/n and decided to walk over and strike a conversation.

"Hey!"

"Hey."

"So do you live around here?"

"Yeah.. why?"

"Just wondering.. do you want to come hang out at my house?" I asked. "Just the two of us."

"Sure."

I started to get all excited and I suddenly felt warm and jumpy.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.