💸Nice Guys Finish Last💸 (Pt. 1)

Start from the beginning

"Hailey?! End up with you?! Please, Drew! She is obviously into me!" Drew heard Jake defend himself as he saw him place a hand onto his chest.

"Jake, here's the thing." Drew began, pausing for a moment before he spoke again. "Here's the deal with you. You're way too..nice for a girl like Hailey. Knowing Hailey, she would definitely love a bad boy like me. You can do you, but girls like Hailey don't want a boyfriend who is a..goody two shoes like you.."

Jake stared at Drew in disbelief for a few seconds. He took a few seconds to comprehend what was just said to him before he decided to reply back.

"Drew, that's just stupid! You gotta treat girls right, man! You know, take her out, be polite, and treat her with respect! You can't treat her poorly like she is just a piece of dirt when she isn't. You should treat her like she's a queen!"

Drew could only roll his eyes at Jake's comments, not agreeing with it whatsoever. "Nah, Jake. You don't get it. You SHOULD treat them like dirt. They'll just stick forever to the bottom of your shoe. Trust me, they ain't going nowhere.."

"Like how you treated my little sister like dirt..?" Jake glared at the magenta-haired teenager, crossing his arms. "Don't think I forgot about how you treated Zoey when you guys were in a relationship. There's a reason as to why she broke up with your ass. I'm sure the same thing will happen with Hailey if you guys ever get together.."

Drew laughed in reply, slapping his thigh lightly. "Jake, that was like a million years ago. I'm sure your sister has gotten over it. Speaking of which, where is Zoey?"

Jake questioned Drew's motives to himself. "Why are you asking..?" He murmured lowly, his protective instincts activating. Jake knew how protective he could get when it came to his younger siblings. He is the eldest after all.

"I'm only asking. Don't worry, I'm not gonna go up to her or something. Zoey still doesn't want to be near me anyway.." Drew smirked at him, awaiting a reply.

"Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with this guy.." Jake heard his own thoughts, sighing under his breath. "She's with Elliot in the gardening club. I don't know what they are doing, but that's where she is.."

"Alright then.." Drew examined his fingers, flicking his tongue. "Anyways, like I was saying earlier, Jake. You're a nice guy, but that just won't do for Hailey. I treat her bad, and she loves me good."

"Please, Drew. You're a nice guy, but with the wrong attitude. I mean, you try so hard, but Hailey just laughs in your face." Jake groaned, looking off to his side.

"I bet you 20 bucks Hailey thinks about me all the time, even when she's with you.." Jake heard Drew brag, much to his annoyance.

"You can say all the shit you wanna say, but I know Hailey loves me. Blabber all you want with those lips of yours, but I'll prove you wrong.." Jake chose to challenge the latter, all while secretly hoping he wouldn't come to regret it later.

"We'll just see about that, Sterling.."

----

Aftee escaping the boys and their helpless words of affection and love that they couldn't help but spew out to the azure-haired girl, Hailey had finally made it to her locker, which was her planned destination. There, she saw a close friend of hers who was waiting for her patiently. Hailey smiled once she saw her, and waved.

"Lia! Over here!" Hailey called out to the girl, who had jet-black hair, and chocolate brown eyes. Upon hearing her name, the teenager looked up from her phone, grinning at the sight of her best friend.

"Lee! Hey there! Finally, you're here.." Lia replied, as Hailey made her way up to her. The two of them shared a small hug with one another before breaking apart soon enough. "What took you so long?"