war is over

Fantasy au
Mage demi
Non human y/c
Royal y/c
(I've probably done something like this before but idc)
(Also both y/c and demi are in their 20's)

There had been a war between Demi's kingdom and y/c's kingdom. Demi was releaved when the war was over, despite her status as a general and a powerful storm mage she hated violence.

Once the war was over she didn't see much use for herself other than to farmers. So thats what she wanted to do. She wanted to be able to retire and go live on a farm, maybe meet someone and settle down, have a family, that kind of stuff. It seemed like a good plan, but sadly it didn't seem like she gonna be able to live that way. The day she had went to the capital to announce her retirement to the royals. she was proposed to...by the heir of the other kingdom aka y/c.

This was gonna complicate her plans. Especially sense she couldn't say no. According to y/c it was tradition to marry the strongest warrior of another kingdoms army for a marriage pact. And y/c just so happened to think of demi as the strongest. Apparently they had faced in battle before and demi had beat y/c easily. It confused her a little given that y/c was quite powerful themselves.

And so with that demi had to be sent off to y/c kingdom leaving her pretty much alone in a strange place. Most of the time she was either at the training feilds or in her room, unless she was at some fancy event where y/c would show her off to pretty much anyone who would pay attention.

Currently she was listening to y/c talk about the courting process that would lead up to the wedding.

Y/c?...