past love

Vampire y/c
Imortal y/c
Human demi
Fantasy au?

Y/c was a lonely person, keeping to themselves all alone in their castle. But they did look forward to one this, the 'bride' the church would send up each year. It was always interesting, watching the ceremony and seeing how they would squirm and beg for their life once they got there. But y/c couldn't care for the humans, draining them of their blood and then tossing their bodies away.

But this year, it was strange. The bride they had sent eas a little younger then usual, probably late teens at oldest. She didn't seem scared like the others but instead curious. She had short blond hair with a strange black streak in it, yellow eyes and little freckles all sprinkled over her skin. A beauty almost, she was colorful too, her skin a nice little tanned tint to it, cheeks rosy and lips a mix of red and pink. Y/c slipped behind the girl in white, white...it didn't suit her. Black would look much better on her, make her colorfulness really stand out. The white only made her look bland.

"Hello human" y/c said and stared down at her. She jumped, giving a soft squeak and looking at them. "It's bad manners to sneak up on someone. Maybe you need a refresher" she said and smiled at them. "Usually this is when people beg for their lives. So beg" y/c said and leaned over her. "Though i am a little curious, this black streak in your hair, entertain me with a story of how you got it and i may let you live an extra day. Let you die in something more suiting" y/c offered. "They say my mother was a witch who made a deal with satan so i would be born, though i don't really believe it. But it marks me as a devil child so people will believe what they believe. The high priest raised me after they burned my mother at the stake." She explained. Y/c let out a soft chuckle, a little amused at the story. Y/c ghen picked up the female and took her to a room, setting her down. "Spare clothes are in the wardrobe. Tomorrow I'll be in for a drink, fit yourself into something you won't mind being in for the rest of your life" y/c instructed and then left.

True to y/c's word the vampire returned the next day only to find the human gone. They felt angered and cheated, almost storming off to go hunt her down when they heard something from down the hall. Singing? Y/c followed the sound and opened the door to a ball room. The girl was in there wearing a black dress and dancing around while singing along to some music that was playing. "What are you doing?" Y/c asked, causing the gurl to look up. "Uh...well today is my oast day right? So i figured i may as well learn to dance. The high priest never taught me, never even let me out of my room unless it was for prayer to wash away my devil mark" she said and looked at him. "Care to join?" She asked and held out a hand to y/c. Y/c decided, why not entertain the girl, let her have one dance then end her life. But one dance turned to two, two to five, ans soon enough the two of them were waltzing through the halls of y/c castle, with the blond laughing and smiling.

And thus continued for days, then weeks, then months. And soon a whole year had gone by. Y/c had fallen in love with the human girl known as demi. Her hair grew longer and y/c would carefully brush it through before styling it for that day's activity. Reading, dancing, experimenting, cooking anything. Y/c took good care of the human, only taking a bit of blood each month to keep themselves sane and from attacking her.

Today was the day they had met one year ago, and much to the church's surprise the bride they sent this year had returned, and with news. The devil marked girl had stolen the vampire's heart. And thus began a plot, knowing the vampire would have to leave at some point to get food for their 'bride' they planned on kidnapping the girl and burning her at the stake just as they did her mother.

Y/c had left that very day, leaving to get more food for demi so she wouldn't starve and when they came back they found the castle ruined, their lovers room a mess. As soon as they saw the cross they knew what had happened and went to go save their love however it was to late. By the time they got to the church the blonde's body had been burned to ash. The one person y/c had managed to love was dead and gone now. And thus y/c had no reason to let the human's live anymore. From then on the country turned to darkness, a blood bath plauged by demons, vampires, and the wrath of hell itself.

Y/c locked themselves away in their castle, letting chaos reign and fixing their lovers room so it was perfect again, exactly how it was the day they had left, her dresses neat and organized, makeup all set up ready for use, bed made perfectly, ready to be slept in. It was all exactly how she kept it. The only thing missing was her, her warmth and laughter, her soft smiles and sweet voice. It was all missing, the castle felt more lonely and darker then before.

This was 20 years ago, y/c now ruled over the land, people only kept in check by fear alone. Vampires above humans and demons alike. Y/c sat in their lonely castle on a cold thrown, a beautiful and bright gold one next to them, one for thwir missing queen. Y/c looked up hearing the doors open and saw one of their guards come in, dragging and yanking at a dirt covered girl in chains. "Sire, i think you would wish this human. She's...unique" the guard said and dropped the girl at the foot of the throne.

Y/c?...