Chapter 30

Carina's POV

Anthony had arrived shortly after to bring me to the park. He offered his arm and we took a nice stroll to Hyde Park chatting and discussing plans for the wedding.

It was quite chilly so I was wearing a blue velvet dress with a thick pelisse on top of a matching colour. Thick animal pelt gloves covered my hands whilst leather boots sat on my feet. I accessorised with the choker that Anthony had given me with matching earrings. Finishing the look, I wore a nice hat.

Anthony had taken me to a spot near the lake. It was a beautiful gazebo with ivy crawling up the pillars. In the centre was a blanket along with a basket of food.

"Anthony it is beautiful." I said excitedly before covering my mouth.

"My apologies my lord!" I panicked.

The Viscount laughed. "You are allowed to call me by my given name, darling" He said.

"If that is the case then please call me Carina." I responded.

"Hmmm, I think I prefer darling." Anthony spoke with a smirk.

He led me to the blanket whilst blush covered my face. We sat down and he revealed the treats that lay in the picnic basket. There was a lot. Fruits and berries, tarts, jams, chocolate, baguettes and buns, cakes, and scones. I looked at him with a smile on my face.

The Viscount pulled out a flask of mulled wine along with two glasses. It was getting cold outside so the wine would warm me right up. The smell of the spices was heavenly as the scent hit my nose.

After passing me a glass of wine, Anthony grabbed a chocolate-covered strawberry and brought it to my lips. I took a bite out of it and it tasted like heaven. After demolishing half of the strawberries, I heard Anthony chuckle.

"Is something funny Anthony?" I asked, his name rolling off of my tongue.

He shuffled closer towards me, bringing a hand to my face. "You have chocolate around your mouth." He said as he wiped it away.

Blush rose on my cheeks and I looked down in embarrassment. Anthony's hand was still on my face. He used his fingers to lift my chin, our eyes looking at one another.

We finished the meal before an open-top carriage arrived. Anthony escorted me to the carriage and took a seat beside me. He lay a blanket over our laps as it began to grow cold.

I nudged my hand closer to his and he took it, bringing it towards his lips. I looked at him with pure devotion and saw eyes of admiration look right back at me.