Not a genius

Female reader and a request :) In this you are Tony's daughter. Not gonna make timeline sense but oh well. Usual TW's: Self-harm, depression, swearing, and unintentional skipping meals. also an oc of mine named Theo is your bff in this he will probably return because I love him now. Italics are the readers thoughts.

I'm not only writing self-harm fics I swear I'm trying next chapter won't have it😭😭😭

The daughter of tony stark. Genius, Billionaire, Not a playboy, Philanthropist. Anyone would love to even know him. I'm lucky enough to be his daughter. Although I unfortunately did not get the genius gene. I know it's not scientifically proven that being a genius is a thing you can inherit from your parents but it is a probability. Anyhow because I wasn't a genius I could never really show my dad something cool. Something he has never seen. Peter could he was smart. And Harley could fix cars with him. I was just there.

Now don't get me wrong my father and I are close it's just I felt it would be better if I was smarter. Then I could go in the lab with him or help him with avenger stuff. I mean avenger stuff is easy and has nothing to do with smarts just strategy but I never shared my input scared no one would take me seriously.

I would always do my homework and study for hours after school but I was a B student. And that's in normal school. It sucks. I tried robots and cars but I just wasn't good at it. I wasn't athletic either.

Anyhow besides all that I'm currently trying to get through geometry homework. It was difficult.

"Numbers and letter shouldn't be mixed but then they decided to add shapes and I wonder how that person is doing in hell right now" My friend Theo tells me over facetime.

I laugh a bit "No chance they're doing good there is a special place in hell for them. Also, we are supposed to be helping each other yet we are both lost."

He smiles "OK. I have an idea but your gonna say no but pleaseee." He begs.

"I'm not asking my brothers or my dad Theo. They all breezed through geometry I'm not gonna bug them with my problems. Literally." I say already anticipating the favor he was gonna ask. I didn't need my dad knowing I'm that dumb. Although he probably already does.

"I'm gonna try to figure this out on my own." I tell him.

"Ok tell me how it goes talk to you later. Love you." He says

"Love you too. bye." I say and hang up.

About fifteen minutes later I have watched so many help videos and read the lesson over again but I'm more confused then ever. I feel my eyes start to water

You're dad is a genius and you can't do basic math. No wonder he hangs out with peter all the time. Some daughter you are.

The stress of school has been getting to me lately and thoughts like that aren't helping. Out of the corner of my eye I see my pencil sharpener.

You should take the blade out and cut yourself with it. Dumbass.

What the fuck. I knew people cut themselves but I never have nor do I want to. I decide to leave my room before I think about it again. As I'm walking around the tower I run into Pepper.

"Hey sweetheart what are you doing." She asks

"Hey Ma I was bored and decided to venture." I reply. Pepper isn't my real mom but she had acted like it since I was a kid so I call her my mom and she calls me her kid.

"Well Tony is in his lab with Pete if you wanna go bother them." She replies. And of course he is.

"Eh I think I'll pass. This time" I respond.