39: Seb

"I want to speak to the manager!"

I drew a long sigh and gave her a small smile. "Sure. Give me a minute."

Hinawakan ko ang uniform at naging dark blue na siya dahil sa tinapong tubig sa akin. Shaking my head, I trudged away from her and went to the door right behind the counter. "What is it?"

"Karen." I simply said. "Could you deal with her for me? My uniform is soaking wet."

Mababa na ang pag-asa ko na tutulungan niya ako, kahit na siya ang manager ng buong store, but surprisingly, he asked me to change and he'll deal with it. "You should've said I'm out of town."

"And what? Risk her going after the other employees? No way."

Laughing, he urged me to change once again and left the room. Pinanood ko siya na maglakad palapit sa customer and closed the door as soon as her mouth went ajar.

Buti na lang talaga may extra ako lagi na uniform sa locker namin at agad kong hinubad ang suot sabay palit. I was checking if there were some papers or boxes na kailangan ilipat sa likod when he returned outside.

"Restock the toiletries section, will you, Seb?"

"Dita just restocked that yesterday."

"Yes. But somebody hoarded, I think, the toilet papers. Probably for some vlogging content." he rolled his eyes before going back to his table.

"Teen influencers?"

"Who else could it be?" irap uli nito. "Damn, that shirt fits you better, Seb. Have you been working out during your off-shift?"

"Once a week, I've told you this last week!"

"I'm sorry..." mariin niyang iniling ang ulo. "It's the season of Black Friday once again. I'm losing my head over it."

"Don't worry, the whole team is here anyway." I tapped his shoulders and left the room.

True enough to his request, the Charmin Ultra Soft section is already empty. Kumuha ako ng stock sa likod at nagsimula na mag-display. I've been singing along with the repetetive background music sa buong store at... sawang-sawa na ako yet here I am...

"Going straight home already, Seb?" asked Dita when she saw me removing my apron.

"Yeah. Why?"

Sabay lang kami ng shift sa store: CAP 2. Kaya pagdating ng mga sumunod na papalit sa amin, we're done here that fast.

"Let's hit the newly-opened bar down the street!" the enthusiasm in her face is glowing. She's really a fantastic and beautiful Black woman here. "Johanes is coming, too! Who knows it'll be in his house?"

Napatawa ako roon at pumasok na sa loob. "I don't think I'll come. Maybe next time."

"Why?"

"Too tired."

I felt her long arms around me. "Come on, the bar has just opened! There'll be free shots for the first customers! We shouldn't miss it!"

"Ha... I'd like to but..."

Biglang may pumasok at agad siyang bumitaw sa akin. "Hey everyone! What's up!" Brenda's blonde hair immediately caught my attention. May isa pang babae na sumunod at tatlong lalaki. I greeted them and the men with bro-bump.

"Everythin' right, bro?" asked the ginger one.

"Same old days," I chuckled and went back to my locker. "Dita's inviting me to a bar down the street. You think I should come?"

"Sure!" Brenda and Olivia agreed. "Why not? If only we don't have shifts tonight, we're fully dressed by now!"

"Don't think so, man." the boys shook their head. "Mind your girl than alcohol for a mean time, trust me."