19. Wide awake

'Headed straight for the concrete
In a night mare screaming
Now I'm wide awake, spiralling
And you don't want to talk'
Emily I'm sorry - BoyGenius

In both Harry and Louis' opinion, The rest of the night was the definition of perfection. They spent the rest of the night dancing to music, minus the time spent waiting at the bar for their drinks. They were boarder line drunk, Harry more so than Louis. You would think that Harry being taller meant he could handle his drink, but Louis has much more experience in drinking than the younger lad. It was only expected that they would stubble out of the venue with rosey cheeks, blurry eyes, and unsteady legs. Even Jay, sat in the front seat of the car, wearing an amused smirk when the two boys practically fell into the car.

"Good night?" Jay asked as she turned the light on so they could find their seatbelts easier.

"The best!" Harry replied, his grin so wide that his face started to hurt. He had not stopped smiling since he finally told Louis that he loves him. It's like a weight had been lifted of his shoulders, not because he finds being in love a burden, but because now he feels so free. He feels like he can conquer what ever he wants because he has Louis by his side and they are madly in love with each other.

Jay looked at them through the rear view mirror, as she reversed out of her spot, and smiled back at the pair. "I'm glad," she said with full honesty. She's never seen her son so happy and by god does she hope it will last.

"You should have seen Harry dancing!" Louis cackled, "He moved like a blind giraffe."

"I would have said I looked more like and elegant swan, but you know that's your opinion," Harry slurred.

"No, it was a fact."

The rest of the ride home wasn't very different, the two lovingly teased each other and were in no doubt quiet about it, making Jay regret picking them up. She could really do with out the headache, especially as she endured phoebes hour long tantrum that afternoon. She made a mental note to never buy the twins the same clothes but in different colours. They will always argue over the purple option, despite their favourite colour being blue.

As they got closer to home, the two teens began to quiet down mainly because Harry was on the verge of falling asleep. His eyes were heavy with alcohol, and his head lulled downwards to rest on his boyfriends shoulder.

"Harry," Louis whispered his name as he softly shook the boy's shoulder. "Are you staying at mine?"

Harry shook his head, "No I should go home and talk to my mum."

"But I really don't want her to shout at you or do even worse," Louis explained in a hush tone, but Jay still heard and a small frown made it's way on to her face.

"Harry, Is everything okay at home?" She asked. In response Harry murmured a yes. If he were try say more, his voice would crack and his lip would quiver.

"Love, you don't have to lie," Louis remind him and comfortingly reached to hold the his hand, stroking his thumb along the bumps of Harry's knuckles.

After letting out a sigh, he began to briefly explain, "My mum saw Louis and I kissing and I guess she's not okay with me being gay. So then I left even when she told me I wasn't allowed to."

"Would you like me to talk to her?"

"I think that would only make things worse."