18. Love song

'Would like to think that you would stick around
You know I'd just die to make you proud
The taste, the touch, the way we love,
It's all comes down to the sound of our love song'
Love song - Lana Del Rey

With the dark grey sleeves of his top blowing in the gentle breeze, Louis walked up the high street towards Crash Records. Before summer he was never early to start any of his shifts, majority of the time he was late, but now he has a reason to be early. That reason being Harry. Just the chance of a getting a glimpse of the boy's curls and his little body sauntering around the shop is a good enough excuse to set of walking earlier then he has too. He may even just run up the hill just so he can have an extra couple of minutes with his boyfriend. He would run an entire marathon just to see Harry because he loves him that much.

Slightly out of breath, Louis entered the shop and immediately looked for Harry. The front room was almost empty, apart from Paul who stood behind the till adding up prices for a customer. He caught his employee's eye and instantly pointed down the stair. Louis nodded knowing exactly that Paul already knew what he was looking for.

As he walked down the wooden stairs, ignoring his lingering fear of them collapsing, he listen to the sound coming from the room. It was a pleasant sound, truly beautiful. He's not heard that song before and he thought that Paul must have upgraded the record player in the break room because the music sounded so clear. Maybe it was a vinyl of a live performance? Although, he couldn't hear the crowd like you usually can on those types of things.

He pulled open the door ready to the find the record then add the song to his playlist on Spotify, but when he finally looked into the room he saw Harry sat on the old grungy sofa with a guitar. With his mouth open in shock, which soon settled to a fond smile, Louis listen to the green eyed boy sing. He watched his fingers brush over the strings in awe because how did he not know the boy could play? And he can sing! Harry can sing! In a way it hurt to watch him sing, as he was so expressive, that even Louis felt the feelings that the lyrics conveyed.

As the song came to an end, one line stuck with him. 'We gotta get away.' He didn't know the meaning of the lyrics, but Harry's face contoured so painfully as he sang the line that he couldn't shake the image playing over and over again in his head.

When the final chord ended, Louis stood for a second, leaning in the doorway, then clapped. Harry jumped at that.

"I didn't know you were watching," he said, flushing in embarrassment.

Louis just smiled at his adorableness. "Well I was and you sounded great. Amazing actually."

"No I didn't," he blushed again.

"You did, trust me." Louis reassured as he walked towards the boy and sat next to him. "I didn't even know you could play"

"I use to play a lot when I was younger. A teacher at my school was offering out lessons. She let me keep the guitar-" he paused and his brows furrowed, before carrying on, "But my mum ended up selling it."

"This guitar isn't yours?"

"Nope. Paul asked me to clean out the attic and I found it in there so I tuned it."

Thinking about how he should check up in attic incase there is a vintage Beatles vinyl that is hiding up there, he ran his finger along the polished wood of the guitar then asked, "What song were you just playing?"

"Oh you won't know it," Harry said casually, making Louis scoff.

"You do realise you are talking to me, Mr music man.   I know almost every song there is."