11. Beautiful Shoes

'And all I do is sit and think about you
If I knew what you'd do
Collapse my veins, wearing beautiful shoes
It's not living, if it's not with you'
It's Not Living (If Its Not With You) - The 1975

Pulling his black Adidas cap further down to prevent the wind from messing up his fringe, Louis let out a cold huff before he opened the door to Crash Records. Despite having a coffee to fight of his looming hangover, the sound of the bell felt too loud and the alt indie music that played made the pounding in his head even worse. He squinted his eyes at the fluorescent lighting, which shone too brightly compared to the grey sky outside - it's crazy how the weather can flip like a switch

He should've called in sick so he didn't have to work an early morning shift. The blue eyed boy could of stayed in bed, nursing his hangover with a cup of tea. Maybe he would've put on a film and let his dog snuggle up by his side, but there was one thing about coming to work that out competes all those temptations, Harry.

Eager to seek out the boy, Louis followed the sound of faint singing coming from the back room. Making sure not to make him aware of his presence, Louis watched Harry happily hum along to a Wolf Alice song as he stuck sale stickers on unpopular vinyls. When the song was coming to an end, Louis quietly walked over, wrapped his arms around the boy's waist and rested his chin on Harry's shoulder.

"Hi, Lou," Harry softly greeted and basked in the embrace. He didn't turn to look at him, only tilted his head back to gently bump it against Louis'.

"How did you know it was me?" Louis asked.

"Because I highly doubt Paul would hug me. He likes me, but not this much. Plus, I heard your trainers squeak on the floor," Harry chuckled and turned round in the ring that Louis' arms made, so that they could face each other. He looked down at the older boy's black and white Vans and then at his own white vans (calling them white may be far fetched, they could really do with a wash.) The front were all scuffed and the laces frayed. "I think I need some new shoes."

Sniggering at the state of them, Louis smiled in amusement, "Yeah, you probably do." He gently bumped his forehead against Harry's before looking back up, into each others eyes, "And this cardigan, it's very..."

"Colourful?"

"I was going to say it's very you, but yes it is very colourful and cozy," he said as he removed his hands from around Harry's waist just to put them back, but closer as he slipped his hands inside the cardigan.

"I made it myself, well with the help of some old lady in the cafe. I saw her knitting and asked if she could teach me."

"I'm glad she taught you because I'm really cold and you're really warm," Louis said as he somehow managed to get even closer. "You would think it's winter outside."

After Harry reluctantly coaxed Louis off him, the two went back to work. The younger boy finished placing the sale stickers as Louis went to go turn the closed sign around (he has got a lot better at remembering to do that.) Once all the stickers had gone, Harry carried the box of vinyls into the shop front only to see Louis attempting to organise. It wasn't going well, as he kept dropping CDs due to his sweater paws. Harry was going to comment on it, so the boy's problems would be fixed, but the sight of Louis using the sleeves of his black and white jacket to warm up his hands was way to adorable.

After working five enjoyable hours in the shop, dealing with customers, taking alternate breaks, dancing together to the songs that blared through the speakers, they found themselves only having half an hour left until someone came to take over their shift. When there time was up, Louis informed Harry by placing a small disposable camera in his hands.