13. Never Understand

'One of your eyes is always half shut,
somethin' happened when you were a kid
I didn't know you then and I'll never understand, why it feels like I did'
Smoke Signals ~ Phoebe Bridgers

Running around his house and crashing into items, making his mum tell him to knock it off, Louis chased his sister around. He does gets along with his sisters, specifically felicity because they are so alike (always wanting the last word, sniggering at the same stuff, same taste in clothes and both causing trouble.) Perhaps their similarities is also their downfall, because at that moment Louis thought he was going to kill her.

"Felicity! I'm going to murder you!" Louis growled as he chased her around the living room.

Despite the scowls on their faces, they do enjoy arguing like this, that's why felicity laughed loudly as her brother dragged her to the ground. "Yeah right, you're so tiny you can't kill anyone."

"Watch me!"

He leant all his weigh on his sister, who had her face squished against the carpet, as he pulled her arm back and twisted it behind her back.

The fifteen year old shouted, "Get off me you fat lump! You're hurting me." Louis would get off if he knew but her laughs gave it away that she wasn't in pain. "Get off!"

"No! Not until you apologise for taking my hoodie!"

"You always let me wear your clothes."

"Not anymore. You've ruined it, look!" Louis sulked as he removed some of his weight so his sister could turn her head. With furrowed brows, he pointed at the stain on the green fabric. It was rather big and on the left side just above the yellow Adidas logo.

"How dare you accuse me of that!" She scoffed, "That was already there."

Louis simply just scowled.

"Why don't you believe me? I promise that was already there when I borrowed it. Are you sure you didn't do it? You are quite clumsy," she fluttered her eyelashes as she spoke.

"You're a fucking gaslighter!" The blue eyed boy snapped and reached to pull her long brown hair, but was met with a kick in the stomach that prevented him from doing so.

"And you're a dickhead."

Whilst dodging her kicks, Louis tried to grab her ankles to make her stop. "You shouldn't be saying words like that."

"You're the one who taught me, you Twat," she smirked.

Squinting his eyes, he let the left side of his mouth slide up into a smile, "Touché."

Like nothing happened, he stood up and dusted off his joggers, before going to look for his mum. From the hallway he could hear Lottie sining along to some music as his dad, mark, was talking to the youngest two. They are the tamer ones of the family. Felicity and Louis can not be put into that category.

"Mum!" Louis called as he walked into the kitchen, finding her checking on the food in the oven. "Mum, can you get this stain off my jumper?"

"Sure love, will you get me a damp cloth?" She asked as he pushed the oven door back shut and then removed her floral oven gloves that's she had ever since Louis remembers. It was a good day when he returned from mucking about with his mates to find the oven gloves out. It meant there was something good in the oven.