3. Appreciate It

'Cause you grew up in a small town,
you'll appreciate it more'
Soundcheck - Catfish And The Bottlemen

Usually after a long shift at crash records, Louis nips into the cafe that's just next door. He will sit on the springy cushions of the sofa, that crowds around a wobbly coffee table, and wait for a tea pot to be carefully placed on the ring stained surface. Laughing at him, his friends make fun of his choice of drink as they all sip on fancy frappes and far too sugary coffees. Louis thinks tea fits him perfectly, it's simple, cosy and potentially old fashioned. In someways Louis thinks he has an old soul. Sure, he is psychically at the peak of his youth and is always caught sniggering away like a giddy kid, but sometimes he like the way things use to be: romance, vinyls and saying good morning or afternoon to strangers on the street.

Disturbing his normal routine, Louis planned on stopping at Harry's house, wherever that may be, then stroll home so he can crash onto his bed in hopes to fall into a nap. Contemplating, he stood on the street for a few moments. It wasn't unusual for this town to be empty, it's quite a small place meaning it can be painfully quiet. He supposed he should be thankful for the peacefulness, he knows the older residents usually are, but today he felt rather lonely.

Changing his direction, he crossed back over the road to head to the cafe because he realised maybe he is in need of some more socialisation. The blue eyed teen weaved in between circular tables to get to his beloved seat. As expectedly, his three close friends were already occupying the area.

Matching the white of his T-shirt. Niall had a whipped cream moustache resting above his top lip. The other two lads were too busy laughing at him to greet Louis as he plonked down making the springs coil tightly under his weight.

"How was work?" asked Liam once he stopped laughing at the blonde boy.

"The usual, had a few convos, some good , some bad," shrugged Louis as he caught Anne, the owners, eye who instantly started making his pot of tea. Sometimes when he was in a bad mood just the thought of that polka-dot tea pop filled with boiling tea, could make his day a good one.

"Bad?"

"Don't even wanna talk about it," Louis sighed and leant back against the cushion, letting his stress melt into the brown leather sofa.

Taking note, Liam turned to Zayn, changing the subject, "So we going to yours tomorrow night then?"

"Nah, mums home," he sighed into his coffee cup, then carried on when he pulled it away from his thin lips, "Said she was going to visit my gran with my sisters, but plans changed my grans coming round to mine."

"Well we can't do my house, my sisters got her fucking annoying bridesmaids over to plan the wedding. I'm warning you all now, never get married! It's too stressful. Anyway, Nialler, what about your place?" Asked liam.

Automatically, he shook his head, "You know what me mams likes; she literally freaked out last time you lot where round just because Zayn was wearing that band t-shirt that shows of his tats."

"What like this one?" Zayn smirked as he pointed at his black AC/DC top, that's so old it's starting to gain holes, showing off some of his torsos tattoos.

With a smirk of his own, Niall chuckled, "Yes that ugly thing, you twat!"

"Oi!" Louis whined as he slapped Niall's upper arm, "That's very similar to my own shirt and I think it's great. At least I don't look like a fucking sailer," he pulled a funny look at Liams striped outfit, making the brown eyed boy dramatically gasp.