8. Broken Carousel

'Your composure is so great
and you hold your self so well
Inside you cling to the pieces of a broken carousel'
You're Not The Only One - Sam Fender

Even after a couple of days, Harry's lips were still tingling from the kiss, or maybe it was due to the everlasting smile that stayed on his face at the thought of a date with Louis Tomlinson. He's never been on a date before, which at first looks would be surprising as he is quite the looker with his pouty lips and verdant eyes, but if you got to know the shy, sweet and even timid side of him you really wouldn't be shocked by that news.

Untucking, then re-tucking his pink t-shirt into his shorts, Harry attempted  to make himself more comfortable (the heat today was only just bearable and being in a cramped storage room didn't make it any better.) Making him sweat a more, Harry lifted boxes of vinyls, taking them to behind the till where he could register them in the filing system, which is just some random old note book. This was meant to Michael's job but he was taking his twenty minute break, which to him meant at least a good hour or so.

Harry muttered a curse word in frustration when he dropped the pen for the tenth time. He bent down to pick it up, but instantly jumped back up when he heard the front bell open. Louis! He automatically thought, but was met with a blonde quiff and and a cheesy grin.

"Niall?" Harry said the blonde's name, slightly confused to what he was doing here. He's only ever in the shop if Louis is there too.

"Harry, long time no see!"

Harry giggled at Niall's cheery voice. He almost bounced as he walked closer to the till and used these wide gestures, holding his arms out as if he was asking for a hug. Harry wasn't sure wether he really was asking for one, so he just stayed where he was.

"It's only been like... three days."

"And that's far too long," Niall dramatically groaned, "Honestly mate, I like you and not just because you make me look less clumsy, you seem like a good lad. We should hang out more, what do you say?"

Beaming, Harry nodded, "Yeah, definitely."

This may just be the first friend he's ever made. He has Louis, but Louis is different. What they are is a complete mystery to Harry, but he knows for definite they are more than just friends. With Niall, its the first time someone actually wants to hang out with him. Not just anyone, some one cool! Someone who doesn't give a shit if they embarrass themselves. Someone who looks at life with a positive outlook and laughs at every given situation.

"So you free at all today?" Niall asked.

"I get off work at four, but I can finish at three if Micheal will cover the shop."

"So what I'm hearing is that you're free?" He smirked.

"Yep!" Harry nodded in excitement to the plans of hanging out with a new friend. He doesn't know what they will do or talk about, but Niall could carry a conversation with a tree if he really wanted so Harry figured he would be okay.

"Good," the blonde teen cheered, "Louis will pick you up at three then!"

"Okay, sure sounds grea- wait what?"

Shaking his head and laughing merrily, Niall mocked Harry's reaction, "Wait what?" He copied the boys shocked face too. "You heard me, Louis is picking you up at three. You did agree to go on a date with him, right?"