10. Jealousy

'Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis'
Mr. Brightside ~ The Killers

Cautiously, but easily mistaken as tentatively, Harry pushed his hand along the wooden table, towards the blue eye boy. He lifted his little finger and hooked it over  Louis' hoping that the small touch would bring a smile to his face because that's the effect Louis has on him and he hoped it would work the opposite way round.

Unfortunately, Louis just pulled away and grabbed his glass and gulp down some of his beer whilst Harry analysed his locked jaw and furrowed brows.
Even thought he took the hint, that Louis wanted to be left alone, Harry didn't listen. Determined, he snuggled closer into Louis' side. The older boy felt stiff like a bored, which is unusual as normally he is the definition of a teddy bear. The unresponsiveness didn't stop Harry, he just nuzzled closer and murmured against his neck, "I'm cold, are you?"

"Nope," Louis stated bluntly, popping the 'p'

"Warm me up then," Harry whined, "I'm freezing."

"Why don't you let Ashton warm you up?"

Pulling away, but still keeping his hand on louis' chest, Harry looked at him curiously, "Why would I want Ashton to warm me up?"

"Don't know," Louis muttered, "Why don't you tell me?"

"There's nothing to tell you," Harry replied, feeling more confused then ever. He figured Louis was just cold, grumpy or maybe he even hungry. The thought that the older boy was mad at him, never crossed his mind.

Clearly Harry was wrong, as Louis scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Okay, then."

At this moment Harry was so taken back, that he didn't even need Louis to push his hands away, as he himself shuffled backwards, trying to grasp the situation. "I'm confused."

"Yeah so am I.... Why are you flirting with Ashton?"

"I'm not flirting with him!" Harry proclaimed, eyebrows raised in shock.

"Yes, you are," Louis nodded knowingly.

"I literally said three lines to him!"

"Three flirty lines."

This time it was Harry's turn to scoff, "You're being dramatic."

"I'm dramatic?" Louis asked offendedly, he always has been stubborn and in his head, he was right. "You literally had a panick attack about your outfit."

Suddenly the younger boys face scrunched up, feeling a bit hurt that Louis used his anxiety against him, "I was worried about making a good impression."

"Yeah, now I know why."

"It's my first time meeting them," Harry almost hissed, "I wanted them to like me because they are your friends."

He doesn't know where this confidence is from, normally he would nod in agreement. He hates arguments, but this time he was standing up for him self. Maybe it's from finally growing comfortable with the blue eyed boy or maybe it's due to the cocktail, but one single alcoholic drink doesn't have this much effect, right?

"You've met Micheal multiple times, he's fine with how you are normally. Apparently you're so close that you hug each other..." Louis trailed off and took a sip of his almost empty beer.

"Me and Micheal are friends. Stop being so possessive and jealous," Scolded Harry, but Louis took no notice.

"If the person I like is flirting with my friends, then I'm allowed to be jealous."