16. Forget Forgive

'And I wonder what I did to deserve this?
How could you hurt a little kid?
I can't forget I can't forgive
Cause now I'm scared that everyone will leave me'
Family line - Conan Grey

Jay's mind wondered to her son as she walked up town street. He's been acting different for the past week: a lot less smiley and mischievous, more gloomy then usual. It started when he came back from his date with Harry. Despite helping plan it and making for the scones for them to eat, she didn't know what happened to make Louis so unlike himself. Although she did figure something out as she was a teenager once too and the glow to her sons skin and messy hair was all too familiar, reminding her of the eighteen year old version of herself.

As uncomfortable as it made her son, she's tried to pry on the matter by asking what happened, but Louis just shrugged and pulled his duvet over his head. She thought that maybe it was best to let the teenager have some time to cool down, but it had now been a week of him moping around and she couldn't take it anymore. So she entered Crash records, not looking for her son, but for his boyfriend instead.

"Harry!" The blue eyed women said with her usual cheery smile.

"Hi Jay," Harry instantly smiled back at her. Something about Louis' mum alway made he feel so safe. "How are you?" He asked.

"Oh lovey, I'm fine, thanks for asking. Are you okay too?"

The boy sighed but didn't let his smile waver, "As good as I can be." Being a mum to five kids, it was easy for Jay to see that boy wasn't feeling as good as he tried to sound. She sent him a sympathetic look, but Harry didn't comment on it. "If you're looking for Lou you've just missed him. He had the morning shift," He informed her.

"Well good job I'm not looking for him," Jay chuckled.

"Oh? Are you wanting to buy something?"

"Yeah Lottie's birthday is coming up and she's been obsessed with this singer for a while. Have you heard of scissors?" She asked, getting the pronunciation of the artist wrong.

Harry giggled at her mistake, "I think you mean Sza. I'll get you her newest album."

Sending him a thankful smile, Jay watched as the teenager flicked through a few vinyls in search for the vinyl. He let out a little 'aha' when found it and brought it back over to the till. Whilst he put on a protective sleeve, Jay figured it was time to do what she really came for.

"I also wanted to ask you something?" She said and waited for Harry to curiously meet her eye, "How are things going with you and Louis?"

"Good...I think," he blushed, "Why? Has he said something."

Jay frowned slightly, "No he hasn't... that's the problem. He hasn't really being talking to anyone. I think he's feeling a bit down about something."

"Is he okay? Is he hurt? ill?" Harry questioned, his voice laced with worry.

"No, no he's not ill or hurt, but it's sweet that you care so much," She softly smiled and placed her hand over Harry's that was resting on the counter. "You always seem to cheer him so you're welcome to come round and see if you can get him out of his mood," she suggested.

Harry nodded, "Sure, that's if you don't mine me intruding. I feel like I'm always at yours recently."

"Oh sweets its more than okay!" She squeezed his hand. The boy truly is the sweetest person she's ever met. "You're welomce anytime. No invite needed."