Twelve

~Aemond's POV~

I stand before the crypt that holds my brothers, mother and older half sister with her family. It's stupid, the whole fighting caused by my father. He should have been more firm than weak with Rhaenyra. Maybe then I wouldn't have lost my eye or most of our family. But then I think about how I love my sister and our new family, how it wouldn't be possible.

"I miss them too" Helaena is by my side looking around the crypt.

"I'm going to talk to Vhaela about no more inbreeding for political gain" looking over at my older sister, she looks at me "Rhaenyra had three healthy children because of it, if I have any children I want them to marry for love and if they love one another then fine but if they marry out no matter the class I'm fine with it"

"You should have been king years ago" placing her hand on my arm "instead of Aegon...I miss them" her children, her marriage to Aegon was nothing good. Aegon was a drunk, he didn't know the word no "does Vhaela realize she's pregnant?"

Shaking my head no "I don't know how, it's been over three months"

"Maybe she has had her mind occupied?" Suggesting as we leave our family crypt "I mean she's been fixing up the city so it'll take time before she notices.

"Demetri and I are going to tell her if she doesn't realize it this week" she thinks she's gotten fat, I'm truly curious how she didn't realize it before. Surely she hears the heartbeat right?

Going over to the Keep, we go around before Helaena goes over to Felix and Alyssa. I find Vhaela in our room with Demetri by her side freaking out "What's wrong?" Going to her side.

"I'm pregnant!" She exclaims rocking back and forth on the couch with a paper bag she's blowing her breath in and out of.

Looking at Demetri who is rubbing her back "She put on a t shirt that was a little tight and realized she was pregnant after hearing the heartbeat" so all it took was a t shirt?

"How are we going to raise a baby?" She hyperventilates into the bag "I mean what if we don't water it on time"

"It's not a plant" Demetri tells her

Having her look at me "Vhaela, everything will be alright. A baby is a good thing, we'll get to see the little one running all around with Alicent who I'm sure is excited to become a big sister"

"What about the dragons? Our plans to repopulate the dragons?" Oh yes, I went through a Maester's book and years ago the dragon keepers and Maester's did everything they could to make dragons extinct. So now we will do whatever to save them. One thing is to go to Old Valyria to see if any dragon eggs are left, that may have been hidden and survived the Doom. Felix, Demetri and I will be leaving soon to Old Valyria to see but also to look for the lost treasure.

"We can still do that" I tell her "it'll just be a bit longer than we thought since we have to clean up the city and help Westeros"

"Oh god" Vhaela freaks out even more