CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I made my way through the dark streets nothing was stirring as I walked through it was almost like they knew I was here.

I watched As a stray black cat run through hissing at me angrily, trust a witches cat to spot me.

I smiled as I red the sign that hung from a nearby tree. ‘witches hollow’ I knew of this place Lisa had mentioned it to me many of times.

she told me it was where all the most evil witches lived and the most powerful, it was said that any vampire or supernatural being would die instantly but here I was still walking through like I owned the place.

I reached the local pub by the looks of things, I wasn’t going to knock it was a local after all I could do with a drink.

I opened the creaking door and walked inside, there wasn’t many in here but the ones that was looked old and haggard, they stared at me as I walked past none of them saying a single word.

I tapped the bar impatiently it was really dusty in here, and it smelt like gone off cabbage.

A tall man turned round to look at me he had a patch round his one eye and a dark red fringe covering a scar over his head.

I smiled a pleasant smile I wasn’t going to be mean after all I was here for business and business only.

“ill have a glass of your finest whisky” he eyed me up for a good while before doing as I asked, he passed me the half filled glass unhappily.

I drank it in one and banged the glass on the bar for another.

“keep topping me up please” he didn’t look keen on me ordering him about but hey I was a lot stronger than him and I bet he’d tried plenty killing spells on me while he stared at me just like Maggie had done a few months back.

I gulped down around ten glasses before I spoke to him.

“so how’s about you give me some information”

He shook his head and turned his back on me.

“how’s about for a price” I took out a wad of money and placed it on the bar, he turned round looking at it suspiciously.

“take it . it doesn’t bite” stupid thing to say when I was a vampire really but hey who cared really expect for a few old witches.

He took the money trying not to shake I could sense it he wanted to grab it and run but I had a feeling he was scared of me and I think a lot of these people new I would come here eventually.

He nodded his head for me to join him, I followed through to an empty room not far from the bar just far enough for some privacy.

I took the chair closest to the door and waited for him to speak.

“so Emma what kind of information are you looking for” I was startled at first and to be honest had to pull my self together how the hell did he no my name.

“how do you no my name first”

“it will cost you extra” I smirked at the mans courage I mean he was trying to bargain with me.

“what are you scar face ive just gave you over a thousand dollars”

he smiled and looked towards my bag.

“fine you can have an extra ten dollars but no higher”

“twenty”

“fifteen”

“twenty one”

“fine back to ten the higher you go the less I get”

“fine ill take fifteen” he shook his head as I handed him the money.