CHAPTER THREE

CHATER THREE

It had been 2 months since I'd joined the plastics, I didn't really call them that anymore though, I was one of them and I didn't think I'd ever say that. I wore short dresses, I took drugs and my grades were slipping badly but you no what they say life and death and all. I either did this and stuck with these people or I was going to die for reasons that couldn't be explained. And for once in my sorry life my mother was worried about me. Wow there really was a first for everything.

 I slipped on my short skirt and tight fitted blouse ready for school, yeah I never had money before but with the help of Bethany's parents and Lisa's parents I seemed to have a closet full of things that my mother hadn't even bought. I applied my make up and made sure I looked slutty as ever,  I was brain washed what could I say but I tell you one thing I loved the attention I had from everyone. Oh my god did I really just say that!? I really was one of them. I put down my lipstick and looked at my reflection.

A couple of months ago people would of called me things that wasn't appropriate and I would have taken it, but now they bowed at my feet where ever I walked, I was someone and not nothing now. Was that a good thing???

My hair was always down my pale complexion was now bronze and my eyes were never plain, I loved my self now and I wasn't planning on changing back to my old self. I picked up my hand bag and walked out my bedroom door, I hardly ever slept here but today was my seventeenth birthday and it was my mothers wishes that she wanted to see me. Yeah like she cared any other time. I walked into the kitchen to see an interesting sight something I thought I'd never see my mother doing; baking a cake. Things really were changing in this world. I sat down at the grotty table and waited for my mother to say something..

"Happy birthday poppet." Oh god did she just call me poppet ?!.

"Um thanks." I didn't really want to be here right now but I'd hardly seen her for the past couple months and to be honest I think she was missing me.

"Look Emma I know I haven't really seen you but I've broken up with him."Him wasn't we to use his name no more?

"Oh right when?"

"Last night" I shrugged my shoulders we all knew she would be back with him by tonight.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry." She turned to me tears running down her face I wasn't going to run and hug her, I wasn't that girl no more the things she'd put me through. Why should I look after her now?

"Look mom I'm sorry but I have got to get to school." She nodded her head without saying anything else, I didn't bother turning back as I left the kitchen it was really to much to handle not to mention how awkward.

I walked outside to meet Dustin and Lisa, they waited in the car like always unless of course I was stopping at Bethany's, we had gotten so close it was weird. I was just about to get in when my mom come rushing outside, I turned to face her as she stood before me looking worse for wear. How embarrassing.

"Make sure you come home tonight please, I was thinking a take out and some films just me and you." I nodded my head not sure if I was going to be keeping that promise, it was really just too much.  I got in the car and watched my mom as we went round the corner she was crying again I wonder if she was still taking her tablets?

"So that's your mom?"

"Shut it Dustin!"

"What I wasn't going to say anything." He smirked at me through the rear view mirror while I glared at him, Lisa didn't say anything as we drove to school which was weird she usually couldn't contain herself. We had drifted apart since she got with Dustin but we still saw each other just didn't stop at each others houses.