CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

 Three months earlier...

The alarm sounded next to my ear as I hastily patted the bed with my eyes closed trying to find the bloody thing.

I managed to click the stop button, relieved  I pushed myself up and looked at the time; ughr it was half seven in the morning

 Stretching I glanced at the clothes I was going to wear today, I wish my mom had more money I wouldn't have to wear a second hand uniform off my cousins. Like she said she was a single parent and my step dad wouldn't pay anything towards me typical.

 I got out of bed and grabbed a towel from the cupboard outside in the hall, my mom wasn't awake yet probably had a hangover from all the wine she drunk last night . I shook my head as I headed into the bathroom , it was freezing in here we probably didn't have enough gas to even have the heating on oh how I hated this house .

 I let the hot water run down my back making me shiver with delight it was a nice feeling I didn't even want to get out. I grabbed the towel off the side and wrapped it round me as I headed back to my bedroom, grabbing my uniform off the bed. My reflection was disgusting, the trousers were two sizes too big and my shirt hung over them making me look like I had no curves .

I shoved my hair in a tight bobble and grabbed my mobile off the side another cheap hand me down off my cousin. I didn't bother getting anything to eat I just wanted to get out of the house as quick as my feet would take me .
My school was only a quick walk from my house so I took a detour towards the shops I didn't have no money but I had to eat something an by doing that would mean being sneaky with my hands.

 I walked into the shop trying not to look too suspicious I'd done it countless times I really was getting good at it too, I stopped just jus behind a shelf opposite the tills luckily the man was out back since it was so early in the morning it would mean no rush hour. I ducked down so the cameras couldn't see me and grabbed a handful of chocolate bars and crisps yeah it wasn't real food but junk was good enough.

 I managed to get several bars in my pocket before the clerk come round the corner , I stood up and grabbed my pen as I did.
"Can I help you miss?"
"Um no sorry, I just dropped my pen"
He looked at me suspiciously before walking back to his till. Sheesh that was close!  I tried not to race out the shop but I still walked at a brisk pace I didn't need to be arrested over robbing chocolate what a waste that would be.

Once I got as far from the shop as I could I pulled out a chocolate and ripped open the paper like I'd never been fed before technically I hadn't had anything the night before unless you could count a piece of toast  and even that was burnt.

 I reached the school gates not taking notice of the people around me some were snickering under the breath and others even spoke loud enough for me to hear them talking about me, I kept my head down making sure  not to make eye contact I didn't like confrontations and in all honesty I didn't like big crowds.

Once I got to my class I found only a few people waiting outside, Chloe Morrow was small and timid she had lovely figure well I guessed she did but most of the time it was covered up in baggy clothes kind of like me really, Then there was the boy next to her Gary Taylor he was the biggest dork I knew his dark hair was slicked back and his shirt was tucked in his trousers and even they were really high up.

 I held back a laugh and looked over at my other class mates, Josie Freeman I was shocked she wasn't with the other girls I liked to call the fakes or plastics something I got out of mean girls , they always walked the corridors together everyone seemed to worship them, but me oh I hated them they thought they owned the school and the fact that they didn't give a damn about school work and thought it was one big joke if I was there parents I'd be disgusted.

 The way she stood there looking round made her look so alone I wanted to laugh in her face an say 'ha how do you feel now?' but no I wasn't as low as them I'd just stand an watch like any normal day, a hand on my shoulder made me jump I turned to see my best friend Lisa Anne. She smiled a big goofy grin, with her long blonde hair and big blue eyes, she was the prettiest girl I knew but for some reason no one paid much attention to her, its like we were invisible half the time. Just because she didn't wear any make up or wear designer clothes she didn't fit in with everyone else but hey I wasn't complaining she was my best friend and I was grateful for that.
"Scared ya didn't I?"  I smiled back she looked so happy today.
"What  you so happy about?"
"I'm not." She turned a pink colour in her cheeks as she turned away pretending to look around.
"Come on tell me please"
"I will tell you later." She winked as the teacher opened the door. Lisa walked off , I stood frozen for a bit wondering what she was hiding from me I wasn't sure I could wait till later it seemed so long.

We sat in the seats next to each other as usual, she put her pencil case in the middle of the table so I could share them with her.

The teacher shut the door as a people filed into the classroom. She walked up to the front and smiled at me and Lisa, it was never awkward being a teachers pet I actually liked it, fuck what everyone else thought!

 She was just about to start with the lesson when the rest of the plastics came walking in, Bethany Miller she strutted in like she owned the place, then there was Louise she was blonde and stupid, unlike Lisa she wore to much makeup and it made her look like a whore from the corner. Bethany looked at me as she walked past cocking her head slightly, I kept eye contact but felt strange why was she looking at me like that?.

 She turned her head towards Josie who had stood up and started hugging her girlfriends, I could have threw up the way they kissed each other, but what caught my attention was Connor Daniels the way he strutted in made me go weak at the knees now he was something to look at .

 His toned muscles and the way his blue eyes twinkled made me want to jump on him there and then and that was saying something since I was still a virgin. I smiled at him stupidly as he walked past. As usual he didn't even look at me which made me look even more like a douche, I sighed and Lisa looked my way disappointment showing in her face. She hated the plastics as I did but the way  she was  looking at them now made me wonder about that secret again, the teacher cleared her throat clearly wanting to carry on with the lesson. Dumb plastics always getting in the way. They looked shocked with the interruption but sat down all the same not even saying sorry for being late miss, typical rich kids thinking they owned the school.

Class seemed to drag, I wrote down my notes as usual and moved them a few times from people trying to copy, every now and then Lisa would turn to look at the plastics. What was going on was she up to something? I'd ask her after class. The bell rang dot on half past ten I packed up my things and headed for the front of school Lisa trailed behind me obviously not herself.
"What's wrong you seemed angry in class?"
"Oh its nothing -"
"Don't say its nothing I know when something's wrong" she did a one over on me before answering .
"Fine I hung around with the plastics last night"
"You did what?!"
"It don't matter now does it you saw them in class they didn't give a shit about me"
"Why would you hang with them? You told me you was at your nans why lie?"
"Cause my cousin knows them and she was at my nans so technically I didn't lie and I didn't ask you to come cause you don't like them"
"But still I would of liked to be there" she sighed and shook her head.
"They are a bad influence, no good for us trust me."
"I could of told you that." We sat on the school benches in silence for a bit , I don't know why she was being so withdrawn, what was with the girl today she was usually so chirpy and happy, I watched her for a moment as she looked like she was hypnotised I followed her gaze and saw who she was looking at Bethany. Was she obsessed? Sheesh they couldn't be that good to hang around with. Like she was under a spell Lisa waved them over. Holy crap!  Beth nodded her head and waved for the others to join her, They were actually coming what the hell?! Lisa smiled a big smile as they all surrounded us and made me look small as hell.....