Tangerine (Platonic & Romantic Headcanons) (Bullet Train 2022)

WARNING: strong and bloody violence, mention of strangulation, use of firearms, toxic mindset.

PLATONIC:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

PLATONIC:

This relationship is knee-deep in the blood of underlings and revolves around Tangerine assimilating his friend into the life of an assassin. He works to integrate them into the team in his own prickly way, which often boils down to Tangerine slaying the target in front of his friend and leaving them no choice but to join the hit.

Compassion is not one of his strong suits, but neither is patience. Coming to him with complaints about others' rudeness will result in, at best, an exchange of insults for these people and, at worst, the advice to chin up and tell those buggers to piss off. However, a severe or persistent problem with someone is no match for Tangerine's mastery of killing and body disposal.

He can count on Lemon to have his back in this respect. Although Lemon agrees that anyone dumb enough to threaten a friend of the Twins deserves to fall through a woodchipper, he raises concerns after seeing how Tangerine treats this kill as a personal vendetta rather than a professional courtesy.

He has a moment of clarity when Lemon says he is acting like a Diesel. Tangerine resents this accusation and rejects it for a period, but he soon realises that Lemon knows his trains and would not draw such a conclusion without good reason. While far too stubborn to change his behaviour in any significant capacity, Tangerine will be more discreet about revealing how badly he wishes to strangle the latest sap who picked a fight with his friend.

ROMANTIC:

Once Tangerine shares his first kill with his partner, his brother Lemon reads this new team member and assigns them a fitting Thomas the Tank Engine sticker. Should Lemon decide on an unflattering sticker, such as a Diesel, Tangerine insists that he has got it wrong and that this one is a good egg.

Tangerine only has so much time he can spend with his partner before he must answer the call of another job, as is the nature of his profession. Still, a burner phone here and a secure line there allow him to contact them if he is feeling paranoid or needs to know whether he left the swords at home.

Even if his partner has demonstrated an ability to defend themselves in verbal battles, Tangerine will step forward to berate and belittle whoever mouths off to them. Lemon tells them it is best to sit and sip on some bubble milk tea because this could take a few minutes, while Tangerine rips into the person with a fury that doubles if he finds any hostility redirected towards him.

Tangerine has a short fuse even at the best of times, so if anyone but Lemon is aware of his relationship with his partner and threatens to act on this information, he will shoot the person point-blank or die trying. The last thing he needs is his partner's identity getting leaked to other assassins and criminal syndicates who would jump at the opportunity to have leverage against him. To avoid this, his partner moves with him whenever he takes a job in another country or stays in a safe house for the foreseeable future.