Pepé Le Pew (Romantic Headcanons)

TW: Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - La célèbre moufette est arrivée à la demande générale. Est-il un tombeur ou un bourreau des coeurs? À vous de décider.

Pepé fancies himself an expert paramour and believes that his partner can find no one better versed in the art of romance than him. Every rejection and show of disgust is interpreted as them refusing to give in to their honest desires, something which he attributes to insecurities and a fear of social backlash. Pepé has no care for how his pursuit of them is viewed by others, and he works to rid them of this perceived drawback by forcing the relationship into the public eye.

His strategy for obtaining the appreciation of his partner is to be so consistent and predictable in his amorous behaviour that they eventually grow comfortable with it. Pepé craves reciprocation, and although he likes to think that his level of devotion is unparalleled, the mildest acceptance of his gifts is enough to convince him that his efforts have gained their approval.

He favours grand assertions of passion, such as daily bouquets of their favourite flowers and hourly recitations of love poems. Every encounter with him involves a splurge of physical affection and intimate declarations of how their existence is more valuable to him than any amount of riches and fame. All those who oppose the relationship or speak ill of him and his partner, he says, are merely envious and longing for a similar connection.

Pepé agrees with them on every matter unless it concerns negativity towards themselves or the notion that he should spend less time around them. The skunk encourages his partner to confide in him and rely on his ability to comfort instead of being independent, and most confrontations fail to achieve anything in the way of mutual understanding because Pepé responds with compliments rather than defending himself.

For a majority of the courtship, Pepé is very much single-minded. The skunk abandons or at least sidelines every responsibility and goal in his life that does not revolve around his partner. He pours his energy into framing the relationship in an unconditionally positive light and depicting each of its flaws as benefits that should be revered and coveted. He seeks to inspire adoration where there would otherwise be revulsion, and his ultimate ambition is to persuade his partner into thinking that they want this relationship as badly as he does.