Ace (Romantic Headcanons) (Powerpuff Girls)

TW: Criminal Mischief, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - The requester specifically asked for romance, so let me know if you want friendship.

Street smarts are Ace's most prominent skill, one he utilizes to intimidate the more defenceless citizens, manipulate lesser crooks, and inspire general mayhem in Townsville. While his Gangreen comrades are encouraged to join and swipe items from various department stores in exchange for a sliver of the plunder, Ace insists on presenting the majority of the stolen goods to his partner himself.

If his partner catches or confronts him, Ace denies all accountability and blames his gang. He argues that he fell victim to peer pressure and the boys had gone rogue despite his best efforts to keep the peace, when in fact it was he who orchestrated the stunt and exploited his gang's readiness to follow his every word. If they insist on his guilt, Ace pleads ignorance and defends both his and the gang's actions by claiming that they meant well and only wanted to bring his partner nice things.

The rest of the Gangreen Gang is eager to help Ace with his nefarious deeds, accepting his partner as an honorary member of the gang and attempting to individually befriend them. Ace welcomes the addition of lookouts and cohorts, but this affability turns to insults and knocks upside the head of his fellow gang members as soon as he has the tiniest reason to question whether he is the favourite person or not.

Compared to the other villains in Townsville, Ace is relatively docile to those who would pose a threat to the relationship. His means of revenge often include hostile phone calls from untraceable payphones, pickpocketing, and the occasional beatdown in an alley if the person lives in or frequents seedy areas of the city. While Ace takes great pleasure in leading the attack, he will delegate the authority role to Snake if his partner has occupied his schedule and expects the boys to recount the event to him later.

Ace is perpetually aware of his own needs and desires and is not above sacrificing a member of his gang, verbally if he wants to avoid conflict with his partner and physically if the Powerpuff Girls are nearby. The concept of a breakup is inimical to his bloated ego, so much so that he rarely considers whether his partner would approve of something or not outside of which stolen gem they want as jewellery.