Bill Cipher (Romantic Scenario - "So I Married a Dream Demon")

TW: Reality Warping, Alcohol Use, Morally Ambiguous! Reader, Emotional Manipulation, Toxic Mindsets.

A.N. - I made the reader into a disaster human devoid of self-preservation, complete with raging party animal tendencies and no inhibitions. This story is utterly chaotic, and I had the time of my life writing it.

"It'll do all sorts of things to your human chemistry," chuckled Kryptos in a voice so speedy that you barely understood the demon, his rhombus-shaped body rattling with manic laughter. He presented a plastic cup full of opaline liquid. "It's just like you human's punch, only a lot stronger!"

As you raised a hand to grab the cup, you turned your head to the bustling throng of demons partying like it was the sole purpose of their life and called, "Hear that? I'll look like you, Pyronica!" Over the booms of jaunty music, shrill cackling reverberated through the hollow pyramid in response.

Before you could taste the opalescent punch, a black cane was laid across the rim of the glass, pulling it down and away from your lips. "Not so fast," came a high-pitched voice that echoed all around you. "A drink like that would destroy your weak, fleshy constitution." The cane was retracted as a triangular demon floated into the exchange, his one eye sporting a narrow, vertical pupil that was fixed on Kryptos with an uncanny intensity.

A tall top hat defied the laws of physics by remaining stiff and perfectly balanced on the sharp tip of his would-be head. Bill Cipher was the colour of polished gold, and when he straightened the black bowtie attached to the lower half of his body, Kryptos recoiled like a scavenger in the presence of an apex predator. "Bill!" The name burst from his wide mouth in unmistakable alarm. "What a nice surprise!"

After debasing Kryptos with an eye roll, Bill pushed his wine glass into your face. "I think your human tastebuds will find this more appealing." As you squinted at the beverage with a tight frown, he looked away and twirled the glass like a wizard preparing to cast a spell. "I stole it from a rich flesh bag centuries ago!" The dream demon shook with a barbarous chuckle. "After I took his soul, of course!"

You nudged the drink towards Bill with the back of your hand, causing him to pause and watch in ominous silence. "Thanks, but I'll stick with the demon punch." His body, flat and devoid of all orifices but an ovoid eye, gave so few indicators of his mood that you were often helpless to imagine unless he was flaming red and using a voice lower than the deepest cello.

He seemed peeved at your blatant disregard for his warning, but the triangle masked it with a demeaning chuckle and a twirl of his cane. "Don't blame me if you grow an extra head."

Although his attitude dampened your smile for an instant, you fired back with one of the many ridiculous thoughts swirling around your mind. "Why would I blame you? Having an extra head was my birthday wish when I was six!" Kryptos descended into a fit of energetic, hyena-like laughter as you accepted the cup and began gulping it like a weary traveller's first taste of water in days.

Pointing a finger at you, Bill leaned forward to surpass Kryptos and compel him to retreat. "It's things like this that make me want your soul!" The dream demon extended a hand and floated closer still. "What do you say we shake hands and skip the ceremony altogether?"

You took an abrupt step away from him, drawing your arms to your body and eyeing his hand as though it carried the plague. A search of the area for a suitable distraction yielded Zanthar and Pyronica spinning an Eye-Bat in midair. "No, I'd prefer the ceremony," you murmured in a hasty attempt to rid yourself of his attention before shouting, "Save a spot for me!" and running to the pair of demons.