Chapter 21- Bad Idea

Start from the beginning

Her attention shifts as she finds that her hand is no longer being held, Kuro stepped off to the side in order to allow Y\N to enter a room. Her E\C eyes dull slightly as a result of being forced into another dusty old bedroom. As if seeing the change Kuro reached out and slowly opened the door for her to look inside.

"This is my temporary room while we are staying here." His stoic stature nearly cracked as Y\N could see the faintest shade of pink dust his cheeks. It was kind of cute.

Her eyes flicker to stare ahead at the bedroom. A small smile forms on her face as she steps forward to judge the space for herself.

Red and gold extended into the bedroom decor as well, walls painted a muted red with a feature wall padded with fabric matching a similar shade. A ceramic gold chandelier hung above the bed giving a pleasing warm light to the room. As fancy as this master bedroom was it was also oddly homely, though that could be influenced by the fact she's been sleeping on floors and on creaking twin sized mattresses. This bed had a matching red comforter with gold accent stitching and decorative gold pillows.

"It's not my style but it seems very comfortable." Y\N looked back to Kuro with a light smile on the corners of her mouth in an attempt to lighten the mood. Reaching for his hand again to ease her nerves she steps inside, pulling him along behind her.

With the click of the door locking behind them Kuro let go of Y\N. "It is not what I would pick out but it is better than what they have put you through." His hand lifted to brush some loose hair out of her face.

"Right..." Y\N shifted her gaze to the carpet feeling awkward of the proximity the two were in.

"Y\N, is something the matter?"

Not wanting to admit her discomfort Y\N shook her head slightly but stopped as Kuro cupped the side of her face in his hand, forcing eye contact. After a quiet pause the corners of his mouth twitch up into a smile for a mere moment. His expression softens as he speaks again.

"You are welcome to stay beside me from now on Y\N." Closing in on her so the two were dangerously close together.

Y\N could feel an anxious fluttering in her stomach. Which only worsened at the confusion of why she was feeling this way. He hurt someone she was starting to care deeply for, injured him gravely if not for the fact they can not die. But his touch was always gentle on her neglected skin. He never once cringed away from her in disgust of her appearance or actions. Kuro was her protector, he promised not to let harm fall on her and so far he has followed through with that. So maybe he isn't as bad as the others. Maybe Y\N has it all wrong from the start and everything that has led up to this point was because she needs him. Kuro was hers and she was his.

"I think... I would like that.." Y\N stared through fluttering eyelashes down to his lips. Recalling how she slapped him away from her at the first time they had kissed was a knife twist to the heart. How could she do something so mean to someone so nice?

Closing what space remained between them soft lips met her chapped ones. She felt self conscious knowing she isn't what she use to be. All the scabs and bruises that line her body like cheetah print were unsightly to her, Julia was the one that lent her hygiene products but they were usually the products she had no interest in whether it was how it made her skin feel or just an unpleasant scent that didn't go with her fantasy of being a famous princess. Y\N had no room to protest the hand outs.

Trying to return the kiss the self criticism began to make her meek. Pulling away she hides her face and backs away, or attempts to but Kuro's hands had carefully found their way to her waist to keep her stable.

Slowly as to not cause her to startle one of his hands cups her face again, his thumb wiping away a tear that began to fall. No words were exchanged, Kuro could read her body language fairly easily at this point. Gingerly he brought her to a closed room connected to the bedroom. Her attention was lifted as the door opened and she followed him inside.