Chapter 16- The Cut That Always Bleeds

CW:\\: Violence, Blood, Light Gore.

~
-Obsession-
~

"Good morning big sis!" Julia chimed as she was mere inches away from Y\N's face.

Startled the girl flailed slightly as she sat up from the floor. Looking around at her surroundings she is reminded of her situation. Julia had insisted on having Y\N spend the night in her room, to have a sleep over. Flavio visited for a while last night before retiring to his own room for his own 'beauty rest' as he called it.

Yawning Y\N rubs the exhaustion from her groggy eyes and smiles at the girl adorned in pink pajamas. "Mornin' "

"Did you have any dreams last night?" Julia was chipper and glowing in the morning sun that peered in through the sheer drapes.

Sitting still in thought Y\N shook her head in contemplation. "None that I recall, did you?"

"Yes. But it was a rotten one. I was lost in a maze and everyone I ran into wouldn't help me. It felt like I wasn't making any progress either... Do you ever feel trapped Y\N?"

Y\N stared blankly back. Blinking slowly.

"Oh right.." Julia shrank down momentarily. "Oh! That reminded me that Kuro wanted to see you sometime this morning!" She put a finger up to her lips. "But I think he can wait until we have breakfast and get dressed, don't you?" Her eyes squinted in mischief.

Smiling shyly, Y\N nodded back.

~

Pausing mid bite Y\N stares at her plate. Hunger was driving her crazy and as safe as she felt in Julia's presence she just couldn't bring herself to eat what she did not witness be made.

"Is something wrong?" Julia stops eating as well, a ridged concern taking her features.

Unable to find the words to explain; Y\N can only stare at the kolbàsz (1) on her plate and give a faltering smile.

"It is alright if you don't want a Hungarian breakfast, it's what I am accustomed to so I thought I would share." Julia stands and takes the plate in front of Y\N. "How about some scrambled eggs and toast instead?"

"That's okay, please don't burden yourself though! I can do it." Y\N stands quickly, the squawk of the chair legs against the tile indicating the rush she was in.

"I guess it's only right since you are the maid." Julia laughs. "You should have made my breakfast too!" She jokes, though Y\N doesn't laugh.

Instead the H\C haired girl briskly walks to the kitchen and immediately gets to work making herself breakfast, finding relief in not being questioned too much. Maybe this stupid dress will actually get her out of a lot of things if she plays her cards right. Humming as she cooks, her food is quickly made. Eating with confidence that it wasn't tampered with makes her eyes water slightly that this was her reality. Making her way back into the kitchen Y\N rolls up her sleeves with the intention of washing everything that was dirtied much to the gratification of Julia who went off to do her own thing, not before reminding Y\N of Kuro's request to see her. The way she had a teasing smile but a downhearted glint in her rose colored eyes stuck with Y\N as she was alone for the first time. 

Staring ahead of her; she can't help but ponder the possibility of slipping past everyone and getting outside. Where would she go? Julia said Y\N was in Germany maybe she can get in contact with an acquaintance of hers that was doing their own investigation work in Füssen.

"This is not what I expected." The low voice speaking German caught Y\N's attention immediately and brought her back to earth.

"What do you want Lutz." The tired expression found its place on her face. She could tell he was staring her up and down intensely.