Chapter 17- Icarus

CW:\\: Unsettling Images, Violence.

~
-Obsession-
~

"Freedom can only last oh so long after all." Y\N sat obediently across from Kuro who had her follow him back into the basement.

Rage encompassed her body but she kept it in as best she could though a few passive aggressive statements may slip out. Her sarcasm and pettiness was the only defense against the endless questioning the Axis was putting the tragic woman through. Y\N was trained well enough to survive this. She has to survive.

"Just for the time being." Kuro responded in a small voice, avoiding eye contact.

" I haven't seen Luciano or Flavio in quite a while. Where did they go?" The question caused Kuro to tense ever so slightly to which Y\N noticed and noted that those two were up to something.

The inquiry to their whereabouts is answered with a long pause of silence, being totally ignored as it is brushed to the side.

"Your situation has been unfair." His voice barely reaches her ears as a ringing fills the basement in the moments of quiet.

Puzzled  by his statement her head jerks up to look directly at him but Kuro avoided looking at her eyes. Leaning forward in her seat; Y\N stares more quizzically at his small frame, the steadiness of his crimson eyes staring off at a wall with a glaze over them suggesting he is spacing out.

'Uncharacteristic for someone that is always on high alert.' Y\N thinks to herself.

Clearing her throat she speaks up. "Are you in charge of looking over me while Luciano is gone? It would make sense seeing as I'm not tied up like I usually am when down here." Her eyes fleet over the dusty interior of the makeshift prison. "Aren't you concerned that I would attempt something?"

The crimson eyes that have been void of staring at her finally shoot over to Y\N's direction, squinting with suspicion. "Should I be worried?"

Smiling at him she bows her head down, returning the favor of leaving him in the silence to ponder the answer.

-

The ringing silence permeated the room quickly. Y\N sat still with her head bowed down, feet flat on the ground while her hands were folded in her lap to appear composed and polite. On the inside she felt  mad as a march hare by the mixed messages she's been receiving all day.

'Why isn't Kuro looking at me? Is he not pleased by Flavio's work? Lutz seemed to like it. And what's up with that German bastard? His kindness towards me this morning is off putting. I will have to keep a close eye on him.'

Shoulders hunch over; making herself smaller in the chair she sat in, Her wide eyes frantically trying to find the source of a full-throated scream followed by a ear piercing bang that seemed to echo throughout the entire building. A scream of her own bubbled within her and partially escaped her trembling lips.

'Was that a gun firing?'

Swallowing harshly her eyes switch over to movement in front of her. Kuro had stood from his spot, hand reaching for the katana he kept on him at all time.

"Kuro...please don't leave me alone.." Y\N pleaded quietly. The terror of hearing a gun firing rippled through her as if the bullet had struck her. The flashing memories of being abducted. The sight of Viktor unconscious and covered in blood.