Chapter 20- I Don't Love You

CW:\\: Unsettling images, Violence.

~
-Obsession-
~

"Y\N?" The soft squeeze of her hand brings her back to reality.

"Kuro..." A warmth enters her eyes as the dull expression that is usually worn melts away. A smile flickers onto her face as she steps further onto the porch. The air was cold against her skin but was refreshing in comparison to the stale air inside the house. A slight breeze ruffled out her skirts and blew through her H\C hair. The trees have all but lost their amber colored leaves that now littered the ground.

Drawing her hand away from Kuro's she races forward off of the porch and into the grass where she starts to giggle, hearing the crunch of the leaves underfoot. A sound she never knew she'd miss so much.

°
°
°
Y\N stared off into the far distance, taking note of the ocean of trees. She could easily get lost within them. In the opposite direction the trees grow sparse and she wonders if civilization is just past the amber horizon. Running away would mean she'd have to leave Kuro's  promised safety.

Spinning around to face the house she takes in a deep breath and exhales slowly, watching the frozen air leave her lips. Smiling she flickers her gaze to Kuro who watched her with a spark of concern in his crimson eyes. Was he scared she would abandon this place? Leave him behind?

"It's cold out here!" Y\N giggled lightly, jumping back onto the steps and quickly walking back up to the black haired man.

"Yes. I suppose I should have given you something thicker to wear, but we won't be outside for long." His eyes softened as she approached.

"Kuro."

"Yes?"

"Why did you bring me outside? I appreciate it of course! But, Luciano and Lutz wouldn't be happy if they knew the risk you are taking." Y\N frowned.

Almost on instinct Kuro grabbed hold of Y\N's hand, squeezing it gently. "The thought of escape has crossed your mind?" His stare hardened.

"...yes, it did. But I don't want to be away from you for long." She squeezed his hand back and gave a reassuring smile.

A moment passed as the two stare out over the trees, watching the remaining leaves fall from the skeletal branches.

"We could both run away together."

The statement was quiet, as if Kuro was pondering out loud. Y\N would have brushed it off without giving it any mind if it weren't for the fact that he said it with such determination. Looking over to him she was taken aback by the glaze over his eyes- his grip on her hand tightened to become constricting.

"You can live in Japan with me Y\N, just the two of us. We do not have to tell a soul if we wish not to. Forget about Luciano and Lutz, they will not bother us. Viktor and Luther can just be memories, it will just be us. "

Y\N watched unsettled by his movements as he forced her body to turn to face him. Taking both her hands in his he stares her deeply in the eyes.

"We can be together until the end of time. I will protect you from any danger that threatens you. Your word is my command. Y\N, let me take you." Kuro stepped closer while Y\N froze.

What was she to do in such a situation? It was tempting to cave in and give this man who promised her everything she desires what he too desires but at what cost? What does this cunning fox gain from a sparrow?

The look of confusion must be apparent as Kuro backs away suddenly, though his expression does not change he almost seems disappointed. "We should go back inside. You might catch cold if you stay out here for too long."