Chapter 9- Big Brother

Author's Note-  For this chapter italics will symbolize speaking in Russian.

~
-Obsession-
~

Y\N sat on a park bench, looking out at the trees, their limbs sprawled out in awkward angles and looking so nude without the greenery. Anastasia sat beside her, sipping on a hot chocolate she bought at a local cafe. Y\N's eyes flickered over towards Viktor who stood out of earshot. He was on the phone with someone and by the looks of it he was getting upset.

"I should be going home now." Anastasia said, a forlorn look in her eyes. She stood slowly just as Viktor made his way back, stashing his phone away in his coat pocket.

"Y\N take care. Thank you for helping us brother." She gave him a quick hug before running off abruptly, waving behind her.

"Bye Ana!" Y\N shouted after her. Anastasia seemed to be in a hurry, probably expecting company of her own.

Y\N sat quietly as Viktor joined her on the bench. She looked over at him briefly before looking away at a pond. It was overwhelmingly peaceful for all the chaos she has endured. A smile forced it's way onto Y\N's face before her eyes once again flickered over to stare at the giant sat beside her, now leaving as he stood up and began walking away. In fear of being left behind she stood quickly.

"Viktor?"

"Hurry up."

Y\N quickened her pace and soon was walking next to him, keeping enough space to not make him uncomfortable.

"What was the phone call about?" She asked in a tender tone as to not upset him.

"Nothing important." His voice was flat.

"Well, it could be important to me." Y\N reminded him of her job, her purpose of being by his side in the first place.

Viktor paused to look down at her. She stared back up at him with a gentle smile as she watched hm roll his eyes and look away towards the ponds surface. Y\N looked out at the water as well. A bright smile forming in her face as she spots geese swimming closer towards them. Her hands gripped the railing as she leaned forward to get a closer look at the birds. They were so close, and though they can get territorial they are pretty adorable.

Pointing at them Y\N looks over at Viktor just as she feels his hand wrapped around her wrist as the railing began to wobble from the weight being put on it.

"Do not lean over, you will fall in."

Wincing at the pressure against her wounds she steps back in embarrassment. His hand slowly let go of Y\N's wrist as if he is contemplating something.

"Thank you." Y\N looked at the ground, a bit flustered once she got over the pains. She was acting childish, they are just birds. Nothing to get excited over...

~

They walked side by side down the walkway before emerging onto a busy sidewalk. Y\N kept close to Viktor, scared of getting swept away in the crowd or lost. He led the way with a fast pace that she quickly met. Y\N could not help but feel anxious. A sudden unease filling her gut, a sign of intuition she has become familiar with considering her profession. This unease prompted her to be vigilant.