𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

The Lockwood girl nodded, realizing that she was right. She looked to Damon. "Do it."

"If I do this, you and me call a truce?" he questioned with eyebrows, gesturing to himself and Bonnie who, despite what he was doing, was glaring at him so hard that Charlie would not be surprised if lasers started shooting out of her eyes.

She shook her head slowly. She answered, "No, but you'll do it anyway. For Elena."

When Charlie got home after the hospital to comfort her mother and help her out with the memorial that she was planning for her husband, she was met with a possibly pleasant surprise. Once she walked in the door and looked up, she gasped.

"Mason?"

Her uncle was in town, likely because his father died, but you never know, and he was standing in the foyer of her house with her brother, chuckling at some joke he just cracked. He smiled when he saw her and pulled her into a hug. It had been a little while since they saw each other after they spent the summer together. He laughed out, "Charlie? How are you doing?"

"Hanging in there," she muttered as she pulled away, but not too far. "It's great to see you."

"You too. Could I talk to you for a minute?" he questioned, glancing to the boy who was beginning to pick at the finger sandwiches for the memorial as his mother slapped his hand away every time he tried.

She nodded, "Sure." She led him into her dad's office and closed the door slowly so as to not catch her mother's attention because the woman was excessively nosy when she was grieving. It was weird.

"How's everything going?" he asked her once they were sure that no one could hear them, and she knew automatically that he was not talking about her father but her werewolf situation.

She shrugged since nothing really crazy had happened other than everything with the vampires, but she sure as hell was not going to tell him about that after all of the speeches he had given her about the creatures. "Well, I haven't killed anybody, so that's a success."

"Yes, it is," he agreed with a nod before thinking about her brother. He questioned, "Has anything happened with Tyler?"

"He's angry and aggressive all the time, but he hasn't killed anyone either. So, he hasn't triggered the curse," she explained. Her brother had pretty much just been getting into fights with Jeremy and being all sad about Vicki.

"That's good," he responded with a small smile, pleased to hear that everything was going normally except for the fact that all of the bones in her body broke once every month. Most girls worried about their periods while she worried about the full moon. "We need to keep it that way."

"Sounds like a plan."

☾❄☽

"HOW ARE YOU DOING?" Tyler asked his sister as they sat in their father's office at the memorial. Once people had arrived, the two got sick of listening to everyone say how great their dad was even though he was a complete asshole. They had found a flask in the desk, and they were now taking turns drinking from it, even though Charlie knew she should not. Werewolves and alcohol did not miz very well.

"I don't know," she sighed with a shrug as she sat upside down on the couch with her feet hanging over the top and her head hanging off the end. "I mean, he kicked me out of the house for having a girlfriend...:

He raised his eyebrows when he sensed that she was not finished with her sentence, wondering what else she had to say, and he guessed what it had to do with. "But?"

"But he was our dad," she finished, her voice conflicted. Of course, she was not happy that her father was gone, but she felt guilty because she thought that she should be more upset that he was gone.