"If you don't mind I like to tell you a story". I rest my hand on her shoulder and she signed again. This time she looked down at the ground and back at me. I moved my hand from her shoulder and you can tell she was holding back tears. This was maybe been years of hurt and for once I felt bad for this woman. "Yeah you can tell me"  I said and she gave a small smile and looked at me. I'm going to tell you how I meet that monster of a man. I was walking to the laundry mat, with my other man at the time, he was bringing our clothes in and I looked around for a empty washer. I found one and called my baby over, I'll never forget that man, he was tall but fat, he had the biggest dick I ever seen at that time, don't let that stomach fool you, and he always kept some jewelry on him. His chain that said Alexander, which was his name and rings on his knuckles. His mom was the sweetest woman you could meet and his daddy sold the most purest cocaine I ever had. I definitely don't recommend you doing it though.

We called Alexander, "big a" cause like I said he was a big man. When I started my load of clothes he had to go to this day I still don't know he did. When big a left and enter that bitch ass fool of a man. If only I knew, cause he knew and that what's hurt even more. He fucking knew. Anyways, I was minding my business and he came over, he was handsome, so damn handsome. This was also the first time I saw an biracial man. His eyes were blue- greenish color. He had a cute Afro, that day he was in all black, pitch black. It complimented his bronze skin so well. Dimples and a cute fat nose. Strong jawline and he was even taller then big a. That man had a walk with authority, and that what caught my attention. I only seen that walk once before and it was from my dad. My dad played no games, and I looked for that feature in men I wanted to date. The man he walked over to me, and said " what a pretty woman like you doing in here?"

omniscient(flashback)

Anandi-

This tall, man stood before me and I couldn't believe my eyes, he so different, what's that smell. "what a pretty woman like you doing in here" I knew I had to be blushing cause my body got hot, his voice wasn't even nearby as deep as big a's but the looks of him make up for it, I got to pay rent and he look just like the type I could scam. "minding my business sir what's to you?" Nothing else was said and he walked right passed me. I hate being ignored. I walked right behind him "hey, my guy wassup to you?" he turned around and smirked. "now I didn't expect a woman like you, who suppose to be minding her business, now trying to be in mines." now I'm smirking, and I know when somebody flirting with me. "well my dear sir, I don't mean no harm or confusion, I was taught not to talk to strangers, and you happen to be one" he stood closer to me and cross his arms. "I wouldn't mind changing that title from such a beautiful lady like yourself" I felt my body got hot again. I like him. "well after I wash my clothes, we can go to bibi dinner, I'm a little hungry." This man approached me closer. I smelled his cologne and It's not one I recognize so he definitely got money. "I can take you shopping too, I mean such an beautiful lady like yourself needs to be cater to in more ways then one." I rose an eyebrow and he wink at me and walked to my washing machine, I was using and pointed at it. "I can have one of my— good friends watch your things while we out" I shook my head no. "Well mister I said afterwards not during."

He rose in hands in defeat and said "don't worry we won't be gone that long then, just walk with me to 22th street." I shrugged my shoulder and asked could I meet this friend he was suggesting. "no problem lady, let me just call them right now." wait Call? "Mister the pay phone is up the street" he said "no it's okay they right outside actually, I'll be right back". Not much time went by and he did come right back, his accomplice was a man, he was built and short, hazel eyes and also wearing all black, his hair was in cornrows, brown, another thing different about what I'm used to in what seems in a predominantly black man, and they somehow fit his little chubby cheeks and tiny frame. This man was adorable to me. After Introducing us to one another I made it clear cut and finalized that my shit is missing and that's his ass. I couldn't believe I was going to do this but my focus was on the money, and something about this aura was calming. We walked out the laundry mat and I thought about big a, what if he catches me, "shit" I thought I mumble but I didn't. "what's wrong?" my cheeks got red and I never knew I could blush this much. His eyes look even more beautiful in the sun and my oh my this man was so handsome.