18 | „meu deus"

the game started and sophia and i were like the commentators on the tv , always screaming in excitement or in fear and nearly no clue what is really going on . it was the 28th minute when germany ran into the box . well jamal did . alone .

LAUF BAMBI"
-> bambi run

IST ER DRIN?"
-> is it in?

JAAAA"

sophia and i jumped up and hugged each other . jamal got the assist and kai scored . they ran towards us and celebrated infront of our seats . every germany fan in the stadium was chanting and praising their country .

„ich liebe dich"

kai mouthed to sophia which she repeated . these both are the cutest . after a while , sophia and i calmed down and continued to comment the game . i won't lie , even if i support germany in this one , i kept looking at my beautiful spanish boyfriend .

during half time , germany was still up with 1-0 and sophia and i happily got ourselves a coke .

the second half went pretty chill , but everyone noticed that spain was doing way more now and neuer needed to work really hard . in the last minute only a few seconds before the referee would end the game someone scored .

gavi .

being the supportive girlfriend , i clapped , proud of him for scoring a goal in a world cup . he ran up to my seat and smirked at me .

still not breaking eye contact , he pulled off his shirt and handed it to me .

„i love you"

he whispered while leaning over to hand it to me .

„i love you more"

i said , completely blushing because we were on camera and half of the world sees us right now .

the referee had already ended the game , so gavi didn't get a red card for pulling his shirt off .
with his shirt over my shoulder , i walked down to the pitch together with sophia , to find jamal . i saw jude walking up to me , obviously on his way to jamal too .

„not showing off your boyfriend?"

he joked while smirking .

„shut up"

i said , blushing hard . again .

this boy .

finding jamal , we went up to him and kneeled down to comfort our bestfriend .

„come on jamal , you played so good!"

„es hat nicht gereicht"
-> it wasn't enough

he mumbled against my jersey and i knew even jude understood what he was saying .

„ihr seid noch nicht raus bambi"
-> you aren't out yet bambi

i reminded him softly , kissing his forehead and standing up , pulling both of them up with me .

seeing pedri approaching me , i quickly said my goodbyes to both of them and went up to pedri .

„why are you still wearing your alemania jersey?"

he scoffed and took gavis spain jersey to pull it over my face .

„better?"

i asked disapprovingly

„much"

VAMOSSSS"

that was pablo , jumping on pedros back which he didn't expect which caused both of them to fall down .

„dumbasses"

„not so nice hermosa"

„like you"

i joked and they stood up .

-

the following evening was great , i had a sleepover with sophia while gavi was celebrating his last minute draw with his team .

the following days , not much happened , the spain team played against japan and lost 2-1 , but due their 7-0 win against costa rica , they still got qualified for the round of 16 .

it was in the middle of the night , when i couldn't sleep anymore . i don't want to wake up pablo though , he has been training all day and was probably tired . trying to be as quiet as possible , i walked around the hotel and sat down outside , watching the beautiful night sky .

„you again"

joão .

„what are you doing here?"

„i could ask you the same , linda"

i didn't know how to reply to that and just continued to watch the stars . he sat down next to me , but kept his distance . atleast he has some respect .

„why are you up?"

„i couldn't sleep . you?"

„same , i still can't handle the time difference"

i laughed and he did too .

„what is that?"

he suddenly asked me and took my wrist .

„meu deus"

i wanted to escape his grip , but his hands were too strong for mine .

„i'm so sorry linda"

i smiled and he let go .

„i'm getting tired so i'll sleep now . good night joão"

„good night"

end of chapter 18 🫶🏼