Chapter 37: Playlist

Bethane's POV:

Almost two hours of hugging go by before Rider finally lets me go and takes us home. He sings along to Whitney Houston at the top of his lungs, and it actually makes me forget a little about what happened and think about something else.

"Okay, your songs turn." He hands over his phone to me.

I take it and begin scrolling through Rider's playlist to find a song I'm in the mood for. I decide to exit his main playlist and scroll through the others in his library and that's when I land upon a very interesting one.

"What's the playlist with the labeled B?" I ask as we're pulling into a parking lot to eat the burgers and fries we bought.

His eyes widen instantly. "Here, can I see my phone for a second?" He's about to take it from my hand, but I pull away immediately.

"No, what is it?" I demand, holding it back so he can't reach it.

"It's just an old one. I forget about it." He's lying!

I click on it, and now his eyes aren't the ones that are widened.

I am and have always been a huge Taylor Swift fan. Her songs are the only ones I listen to because, in my opinion, no one can compete. What I wasn't aware of was that every single song that I used to listen to back when I was in high school, Rider apparently kept track of. All of these songs in his playlist are ones I definitely told him I loved and listened to all the time. I even have a distinct memory of me telling Rider that Dear John is quite literally the best song ever written and guess what's in the playlist? And Taylor Swift's name does not start with a B, but you know whose does?

"Is this for me?" I need confirmation first.

"Either that or I'm basically calling myself a bitch," he answers, now embarrassed and it's honestly adorable.

Okay, maybe it's because of everything that's happened today and my emotions have gone haywire, but this might be the cutest, most heartfelt thing anyone has ever done for me. It also goes to prove that Rider wasn't lying when he said he was hoping for a chance for me to come back. If he really meant everything he said that day and didn't care about me, that playlist would've been deleted or at least named something else.

I practically jump to hug Rider's side. I think he's surprised since I'm guessing he thought that I would think it was weird when it's far from it.

"That's so sweet!" I smile like a little kid into his side, unsure of how to deal with these annoying butterflies that aren't the ones you get when you're horny, but the ones that appear when you feel all mushy. It's disgusting, I know and I will hate myself later, but for now, I can't help my joy.

"You don't think it's weird," he proves what I was imagining he was thinking.

"Rider, you made a playlist based on my favorite Taylor Swift songs! How could I ever be upset or weirded out over something like that?!" I grin like an idiot.

"Well, fuck, I should've just led with that when I was trying to get you back."

I kiss his cheek as a way of saying thank you. "We're listening to this playlist the rest of our way home."