Chapter 10: Money

Bethane's POV:

Flashback:

Friday, October 13

Thankfully, my parents didn't get home until late last night because of work which meant they didn't get a chance to gush over the fact that I'm being social again with Yasmin. I know my mom would make a huge deal out of it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she baked a cake, but that's the last thing I want. I still feel guilty for hanging out with someone who isn't Alex. I don't want to celebrate it.

What would she think if she was here? Would she be angry that I was becoming friends with somebody else? Am I betraying her? Maybe I shouldn't go today with Yasmin. And not only that, but I'm also going with Rider to wherever he's taking me which sounds not only dangerous in the kidnapping territory, but in any territory considering how flustered he makes me feel even though he has a girlfriend. He said it's not a date, but that doesn't mean that I still don't feel a certain way when I'm around him which I definitely shouldn't.

Am I being a slut? What would Alex think? She would definitely think this is hoe-like behavior.
I wish she was here! I wish she would tell me that even though I have no intentions of doing anything with Rider, it's not fair to his girlfriend. But I have to. I need him to keep that night a secret, and I will remind myself that every second if I have to during the night to make sure nothing else happens.

"Bethane." I see a hand getting waved in front of my face.

A slight shiver travels throughout my body as I look around to see Yasmin standing next to me with her backpack on.

"You ready to go?"

I look around and see that I was stuck in my chair without realizing it. I didn't even notice class was over or hear the bell ringing.

I pull myself together before picking my stuff up and starting to walk with Yasmin who is ready to go.

"Umm...maybe I should start on my homework," I make an effort to get out of this due to the guilt, but Yasmin doesn't seem to like that statement.

"Absolutely not. You're new and I want you to meet some people so you always have someone. Now come on." Yasmin interlocks our arms and now I have no option but to follow her.

I already told my mom that I would be staying after school because I'm hanging out with a new friend. I didn't give her details though on who said friend is or else she would've made too big of a deal out of it. I swear, her head almost popped off when she found out I was actually socializing and what made it worse was that she was trying to be cool about it, so you could tell what she was thinking.

"I have to go somewhere with someone today," I reason with her since it's Friday and Rider said to meet him in the school parking lot at six o clock.

"I'll set a timer and I promise we'll be done before then."

I sigh as Yasmin continues to lightly pull me into the basement before opening a door to a room which is smaller than the room we went into yesterday, though I think it's because this one may be a chorus classroom. The bleachers on my left prove my point.

I see a few people sitting on said bleachers which only makes my stomach feel like jumping out and doing a full gymnastics routine. Nothing makes me more uncomfortable than meeting new people, especially a group of them.