Nightmares !

The same nightmare would come every day, Mu Qing was hanging off that cliff with the lava bubbling under him... but every time Feng Xin and Xie Lian would simply laugh as he fell to his death. One night when Feng Xin was staying over the same thing happened...

'After dinner would the Generals like us to prepare a bath?" A junior official enquired. "No it's fine... we can simply go to bed." Feng Xin smiled, in all honesty, Mu Qing would've rather not slept at all. Sometimes he didn't sleep just to outrun the nightmare but you can't run forever. Somedays he'd pass out and sometimes we would just go to bed on his own, but every time no matter what the same dream would rear its ugly head around the corner. 

"You left us then, it's our turn to return the favor." Those words echoed through his head as he looked up at Feng Xin and Xie Lian giggling down at him. "Shame you can't sweep up your own corpse." Xie Lian winked. "Now bow before me as you used to." He said before kicking Mu Qing down into the lava. Right as his skin was about to touch the surface of the bubbling lava practically jumping to meet him he felt someone shake him awake. "Mu Qing! I'm sorry I know you were sleeping but you were crying and whimpering and... It's fine I'll just go." Feng Xin mumbled, slowly getting quieter with every word. He got up from Mu Qing's bed and went to leave the room. 

"no... stay please..." He muttered. "What was that?" Feng Xin asked, turning around and meeting Mu Qing's eye. "Please stay... I can't do this... alone." Feng Xin was a bit shocked before walking back over and sinking into the bed beside Mu Qing. "What was the dream about...?" Feng Xin wondered aloud. "Ah... please don't laugh when I tell you this." He frowned thinking about all the possible ways Feng Xin could react. "Why would I laugh... I've never seen you in such distress even when you were hanging from that cliff..." At the word 'hanging' Mu Qing burst into tears burying his head in Feng Xin's face. "I was on the cliff again... but this time you two didn't help me... instead y-you murdered me... and you laughed and I-" He felt a soft kiss being planted on his forehead. "Qing-er... there isn't a day where I don't regret not helping you up immediately... if you fell then I don't think I would've been able to live with myself." He said wiping away Mu Qing's tears. "Now let's go back to sleep... you haven't slept in days... your beauty regime can't cover your eyes." He whispered.

"What would I do without you..." He mumbled before kissing Feng Xin. "Okay then... goodnight." Feng Xin pulled Mu Qing into a hug and they soon both fell asleep. 

He got the dream again and this time Feng Xin was asleep as well... he wouldn't be able to save him from the horrors this time, although surprisingly this time when he dangled off the cliff Feng Xin ran to his side helping him up and telling him not to worry and that he loved him... he couldn't help but smile and cry happy tears. 

For the first night in many months, he had a good rest. The next morning he sprung out of bed ready to chase the wind when he saw Feng Xin curled up shivering. As he went to cover him with the blanket better he brushed against his skin, he didn't know gods could become ill but right now you could probably cook on Feng Xin. I guess his first day back as the sarcastic but not sleep-deprived Mu Qing would have to wait a bit longer. 

Sorry, it's pretty short but enjoy! Someone knows what's coming next >:D