89

Evangeline

Asher and I quickly sneak back into the house with no hiccups. Asher kisses me at my bedroom door. "I'm going to shower. Clean up and get to bed, yeah?"

I grin. "Oooh. I'd join you, but I have something to finish." His quivering conflower eyes meet mine. My resolve disappears. Shit. I melt into his arms.

Maybe I can deal with Lucas another day. I want to spend this precious time with Asher.

A blush creeps across his cheeks, his mouth dropping slightly. "Ah. Uhm. Sh-shower together?"

I giggle quietly, pushing away my guilt as I kiss him again. "Hmm. Maybe another time. I'll come sleep with you, though."

He nods, biting his lip. "I'll be waiting." 

Tonight was perfect. There's nothing other like your first time with your first love.

I glance at Lucas's door, at Asher's retreating figure, at Chris's clothes clinging to my body. I feel to terribly guilty. It's gnawing at me incessantly. I'm in love with Asher. Yet, I have his brothers on my mind as well.

I'm sorry. But running away just is easier.

Asher's taken the communal bathroom. After hesitation, I tiptoe into the twin's room, keeping my eyes in front of me and not allowing them to wander to the incredibly sexy, shirtless sleeping figures of my stepbrothers in the bed. I quickly us their shower in the dark. They won't mind. As I strip off Chris's hoodie and peel out of his sweatpants, I feel my face heat.

Sorry, Chris.

I shake my head and toss them in the direction of the laundry basket. I make up my mind to take him and Max to the mall for some clothes later this week. Indecent images of them creep into my mind again, their faces replacing Asher's blissful expression from earlier tonight.

How long can I keep this up?

-

Christopher 

The next morning. A school day. I wake up twenty minutes earlier than my alarm. I heave myself out of bed, shaking off the remnants of sleep clinging to me by slapping a hand to my cheek. Max is still snoozing, so I snag the bathroom first. 

Hm?

The feeling of water seeping into my socks startles me out of my groggy spell. I bend down to inspect the floor. Little puddles leave a trail to the shower. Hmm. Maybe Max took a late night shower of something. I peel off my wet socks and chuck them into the laundry basket.

That's when I notice the heap of black material. One hanging limply over the edge of the laundry basket, not quite fully in. Max and I are roomies, and we're generally very tidy. This morning, a bunch of things seem to be rather out of place. When I pick up the clothes, I realise they're mine.

Huh. Aren't these the extra clothes I keep in my bag for after soccer practice?

I pick them up, catching a whiff of the smell. Call me crazy, but I swear it smells like Evangeline. And, I feel strangely filthy, holding the material so close to my chest.  I shake away the feeling.

Even if she did reciprocate your feelings, there are better options for her to choose from. Not you, the dirty old perv who gets a boner every time she hugs your arm.

Instead, I bundle the clothes under my arm, groom myself and change into my uniform, straightening my tie.