63

Christopher 

"Finally!"

Evangeline groans as the cuffs pop off her wrist, leaving a red line where the metal rubbed against her soft skin. 

Oliver grimaces. "Sorry. I should've remembered the key."

I toss the cuffs to the boy. "Thanks, and good riddance."

Max snickers. "Good riddance to Evie."

We all laugh, and she punches his arm. "Hey!"

I wrap an arm around her. "Well, it wasn't that bad."

Evangeline snorts sarcastically. "Oh, sure. What about when we sneaked into the boy's lock-"

I clap a hand over her mouth. "It was bad, okay? Really bad."

Oliver leaves soon after. Luke enters the living room. "Hey, Owen's coming over. Asher, Evangeline, you guys can discuss the tutoring gig with Mom and Tony then."

The thirteen and fourteen year olds in question nod. Is it just me, or does Evie look anxious?

-

Evangeline 

"Okay, so every Tuesday and Friday for two hours."

"That's right. Ten bucks each child for an hour." Dad sniffs disdainfully at Owen's piercings and shocking hair. 

Mariam places a hand on his forearm. Her manicured red nails glimmer with shiny polish. "Tony, Owen is a dear boy. Can't we make it twelve?"

Owen says nothing, looking at the table uncomfortably. "No, aunty, its okay..."

"Yes! Listen to the boy!" My father hisses, face flushing. "It's eight a week already."

"I insist! I'm the one paying, anyway." Mariam sends a pointed look her husband's way. That's right. Show my asshole of a father who the real boss is.

My father, the formidable man who beat mis daughter mercilessly with his belt at age seven for getting a C in math, is speechless under her gaze. "Fine."

As if you're in a position to bargain. 

Owen smiles, but it's tense. "Thank you. I'll see you guys soon."

-

Tuesday is here. And so is Owen, slouching on the couch as usual

The sessions are spent with Owen flipping through our worksheets, explaining and pointing out mistakes in calculations and formulas as we went, while we take down notes. 

Surprisingly, his methods proved to be efficient, explanations concise and easy to understand. Asher and I were able to solve most problems without any error at all now after a mere two weeks.

These tuition sessions have also allowed me to discover a little more about our neighbours, which I think is a plus. It's beneficial to have connections, no?

"We're done here!" Owen grins and slams down the stack of papers. Asher groans. "Finally." He slinks off to somewhere in the house.

"I'm getting something to eat. Want anything?" I fire up the toaster and grab the loaf of sliced bread from the bowl on the counter. 

Owen shakes his head. "Nah, thanks. I'm good."

"Okay." I pop the bread into the toaster and adjust the heat. There is something extremely important I want to ask him today.

I wanna rewrite/add some chapters bc I feel there are some things that need to be corrected like 

-plot gaps

-redundant/repeated grammar and vocab use

-little character definition and development

-mistakes in writing (bc i only go thru the chapter once while trying out the story)

Opinions on this pls? (Ur the ones reading no :3)

Also my deepest apologies this chapter is kinda half assed