Chapter 13 / the news

Trigger warnings?: mentions of murder

George pov:
4 weeks later, last lesson.

I sat at the back of my class with my head leaning on my right arm and my eye gazing out the window, I hadn't seen dream in a while, now I come to think of I hadn't seen him in about 2 weeks.

"George?" A voice whispered, I turned my head to see who it was but it was none other than sapnap, I smiled a bit before turning my head away.

"Aw come on George, is something bothering you?" The boy asked, I ignored him for a few seconds before turning my head back to him,

"I'm worried about dream.. I haven't seen him in a while and I was planning to ask him ou-" I quickly closed my mouth before I could finish but sapnap laughed, I guess he knew what I was going to say.

"Do you like dream, George?" The ravenette asked his fiery eyes feeling like they were staring down into my soul. I became nervous and shifted in my seat a couple of time.

"I.." I searched for words in my head "..maybe like him?" I laughed nervously, sapnap gave me a wide smile and began writing on his piece of paper.

"I think he'd love to go out with you" the ravenette smiled at me, I blushed slightly not because sapnap smiled but because dream would probably wanna go out with me.

Soon after class finished and I packed up my things before leaving the classroom. It was the end of the day and Karl had invited me over along with sapnap, Tommy, tommys friend tubbo, techno and quackity. I met up with the group and we walked to kales house, i get that you think I didn't speak to them for awhile but I needed space and they left me alone until I told them I was ready to be around them again, which I said to them yesterday.

At Karl's house,
George pov:

Karl switched on the news in the background, the whole group and a handful of cards and we were laying snap.

"Tommy stop cheating!" I shouted, the blonde screeched and took the cards from the pile,

"I'm not cheating!" He protested before giving a sneaky giggle to the group. Techno slapped the back of his head playfully and Tommy let out a grunt "what was that for!" He yelled, god his voice was annoying but I loved him, he was like a brother to me.

After about 30 minutes some of us were talking and the other half of the group was on their phones, I was on my phone and scrolling through me and dreams photos, my finger stopped at one where we had first met. God I had changed from back then, my hair had turned a bit lighter and I had grown a few inches. I felt tears swell in my eyes but something else caught my attention.

Everyone's head snapped towards the tv..

"Breaking news!" The lady set down her papers on the table in the tv and her gaze turned sternly to the audience, us. "The famous killer the smiler has been found! He turned himself in earlier this morning" a picture showed up as a picture of.. dream? "18 year old clay block, a high school senior. He came in this morning admitting to murdering wilbur and George Davidson's father, Jude." The presenter then went quiet before speaking up again "the famous killer will have court in 3 days, hopefully this awful man is out behind bars for life."

By the time the presenter had finished I had everyone's arms around me, tears streamed down my face as I just stared blankly at the screen, my vision was blurry due to the cries and I could hear my friends trying to comfort me.

"George it's okay"
"George don't cry.."
"He's going to be fine.."

They tried their best to hush me but my breathing increased, that's when sapnap rushed over and kneeled down infront of me, "breathe george, breathe. Come on breathe in and then out." His words ended up working and I soon calm down, but something came to me head when sapnap spoke. Him and dream grew up together, dream basically trusted him with anything as did sapnap. What if..

"Did you know?" I whispered, the room fell silent and the tension rose between me, sapnap and everyone else, I swear you could cut it with a chainsaw.

"W-what are you talking about George?" Sapnap asked, my eyes shot up and I stood up. Sapnaps eyes widened as he stumbled backwards.

"Did you know?!" I yelled, I never in fact rose my voice unless I was really pissed off. I looked down at the ravenette as he looked away with a guilty expression and that's when I knew he did know.

I broke down again, I felt like I was standing in a puddle of tears, sapnap got up and reached out to me but I slapped him hard. "DONT YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" I shouted, everyone stood shocked and I turned on my heels and left.

Karl had been calling after me but I needed time alone again. My heart broke since the only thing that I was thinking about was dream, I wish he had told me but he didn't for a reason.. what was that reason..

I found myself outside the police station with paparazzi and cameras outside, I pulled my hood over and heard someone's voice appear behind me, "excuse me? Are you George?" I turned around to see a younger girl, she must be about 14 and her long blonde hair was tied back. I nodded and noticed her big doe green eyes, they looked like dreams. In fact all her features were similar to dream.

"I'm drista.. my brother uh- dream told me to find you if anything ever happened to him.." the blonde looked down and she sniffled "I guess something did happen" she looked up with a smile and tears streaming down her freckled cheeks. The sight saddened me and I pulled her into a hug, why would dream tell her to find me?

"Hey uh drista? Can you wait out here? I'm going to go inside.." I smiled gently, drista nodded and with that I walked inside, I asked the receptionist to see dream since he was a close friend of mine and the officers took me into a room before leaving. It was empty, I felt so alone in my thoughts and just as I was about to get up the door on the other side of the glass opened. My eyes looked up.

The man was dressed in a orange jumpsuit and his blonde hair was tied back, half up, half down. His mouth a nose was covered with a human muzzle and as he sat down I felt his emerald green eyes staring into my soul.

It was dream.

1162 words <3