Chapter 8 / a visit.

Trigger warnings?: mentions of suicide, murder, panic attack,

George pov:
9pm, George's bedroom.

I laid on my bed after another beating from my father I wasn't feeling the energy to get up and do anything so I just grabbed my phone and started scrolling through TikTok.

'I hate everyone and everyone..' I thought to myself, I hated everything because it reminded me of my mother or wilbur and I started hating being around people because all my friends, wilbur knew. I sighed but when I heard a twig break outside my window and a light knock, my body instantly shot up almost making me fall off my bed and when I saw the white mask peering through the glass, staring directly at me, I could've sworn my heart stopped.

My anxiety grew more as I just sat there not knowing if I should let the viral killer in or not, "George.. I've come to visit you.." the voice spoke calmly, i felt my anxiety calm down a bit and I somewhat felt comfortable hearing his voice. I nodded slowly as I got up and walked over to the window, my shaky hands gripped onto the handle of the window and my mind was telling me to call the police but my heart said no.. why? Before I knew it the window was open and the killer had crawled in.

"Hello George, how have you been?" The masked killer asked, I stood quietly before looking down, soon enough tears rolled down my rosy cheeks.

"My best friend died.. he.. committed suicide.." I whispered hoarsely, I felt the male thumb rub against my cheek and I slowly looked up to see the masked man infront of me, he was tall, taller than me needs less to say.

"I'm so sorry George.." the smiler said sadly, this man was so caring why? Wait.. what if he killed wilbur and made it look like a suicide? No it can't be.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked quietly, the male nodded and I breathed in before exhaling, if I ask it in the wrong way he could kill me. Here we go.

"Did you.. did you kill wilbur?" I asked, raising my voice a little but not so much that my father could hear. The killer fell silent, shuffling in his place and when he didn't say anything I knew my answer. He killed him.

"How could you.." I whispered "HOW COULD YOU?!" I yelled, my father was probably asleep in his slumber because by now he would've been at my bedroom door threatening me.

"George be quiet, I don't want you to get hurt" the smiler hushed but I wasn't taking any of it, when the man put his hand out the grab me I punched him in the face. I turned ton my heel after hearing a grunt coming from his mouth, before I could even put my hand on the door handle the man yanked me back by my hair making me whine in pain. He pinned me against the wall, his hands holding my hands epithet side of me and his right knees sat between my legs.

"Your lucky I love you otherwise you would've been dead for that!" Smiler hissed in anger. I stopped trying to wriggle away when I hear the word love, I haven't hear that in a long time and to hear that word come from someone, no not just someone but a killer made me shut up.

"Y-you.. why.." I asked, stuttering my words, I couldn't even think of what to say because my mind went blank. How was I supposed to respond to that?!

"Yes.. Georgie.. the first time I saw you I knew it was love at first sight.. I want to get to know you.." he whispered against my ear, he then pulled away and walked over to my bed to sit down. By now I was on my hands and knees still startled.

I looked down at my hands and said nothing before getting up "I.. don't know what to say.." I mumbled and sat beside the smiler. There was a silence for a few minutes, I didn't dare to speak. But a questioned walked into my mind and I opened my mouth to say something but instantly shut it.

"Go on Georgie. Say it" the man said softly and laid back, his head rested on his hands and it faced the ceiling.

I took a deep breathing before sighing "why did you.. become a killer? If you don't mind me asking!" I added and looked down at my hands. The killer laid silently like he was trying to think of something but what he said next shocked me.

"I didn't have parents growing up.. and it was just me and my little sister we were left with no money so originally I went out to kill rich people and steal their goods.. but.."

"But?" I questioned.

"I saw you.." he mumbled in response, a smile crept its way onto my face as I avoided eye contact. 'Why am I smiling?' I thought to myself, 'did I like this killer?.'

"When I saw you George my gut told me to stop liking you.. it would distract me from my job.. but I couldn't just ignore it, you know- it's like a fly that won't go away.. instead" he laughed and turned to me, "it's my feelings, I can't just run away from them" he finished.

After he had explained his story I had no more questions and just like he wanted to, I spoke about my life and my old school back in England. He also told me about some things since I told him my secret about me being colour blind, honestly I don't know why it's a secret I guess I just don't want people to bully me. Soon enough the man left and I laid in bed thinking about him, I didn't know why but maybe I was developing feelings for him.

I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.. he's so.. down to earth?

1020 words <3