Chapter 8 - Emilla

Emilla Pov:

Emilla Pov:

Riding my way home from the bakery was so refreshing. Despite the weather I was having the best day. Mateo and Nicholas were so cute I ended up staying late at the bakery. Getting home around 4 o'clock. I decided to call my parents and tell them that business has been going really well.

"Hey mom" I smile into the phone as much as I hate to admit it I miss them.

"Hi sweetie, this is a surprise two calls in a week"

"Yeah, yeah I know mom" I whine at the phone "I just wanted to say hi to you guys and let you know the bakery is doing really well. I got my first big order I'm really excited"

"That's good princess I'm so proud of you" I smile knowing who that is "Hey dad, thanks."

"How's things going with you guys?"

My mom ended up talking for hours about her book clubs and the church. Talking about what everyone was up to. I giggle, I loved my mum but gosh she likes to gossip. I say goodbye to them by telling them I love them.

My stomach growled, I knew it was dinner time and looked through the fridge. There were a couple eggs and some veggies. You'd think as a baker I'd have food in my house but you'd be so wrong. As much as I loved baking, I did love making other foods. Both my grandparents used to be chef's. And let me tell you I definitely got it for them. My parents couldn't cook to save their lives.

Despite not having much I decided to make an omelette, something easy yet delicious. I decided to chuck the tv while watching some romance movie, which started to get boring so I went to see if I had anything to read.

I've always been a book reader, cliché I know. But what can I say it was always an escape. However the only book I had lying around was Jane Austin's Persuasion. I loved her, something about her books were relatable. Although my favourite had to be Pride and Prejudice.

After reading for a few hours I decided to go to bed. I was drained today. Despite it being one of the best days I've had, meeting that kid made my day. I've always loved kids, I would babysit the kids in the neighbourhood and loved hanging out with my baby cousins.

I sank into my bed, feeling like I was floating on a cloud. If I could, I would be here forever. Ahhh.

------------------

I woke up feeling refreshed the next morning, the sun was out. Which I was thankful for, it's been rather muggy the last few weeks.

After my shower, I put on some perfume and got ready. Because I was bored with most of the stuff I needed yesterday and due to the weather I decided to wear a skirt. I loved wearing them. It reminded me of home. Where I lived before Italy I it used to be hot so the only thing I owned was skirts and shorts.

Outfit:

Putting together a long white button up shirt and my favourite black skirt

Putting together a long white button up shirt and my favourite black skirt. I paired it with long black socks and all black converse. Wearing my hair naturally, it was wavy and messy. I paired it with a white headband. And rode to the bakery.

When I arrived I decided to make Nicholas a specialised piece of chocolate cake with the imprint 'My prince'.

------------------

It was now 1 o'clock and I was packing up. The bell chimes and I turn around. I see Nicholas sprinting towards me, as cute as ever he was carrying his backpack. I assume he was coming from preschool.

Expecting to see Mateo. My eyes met with a pair of dark eyes, they were so strong but tired. Deep olive skin, strong chiselled jaw. He had dark brown hair that messily fell over his face, you could tell he was well over 6ft tall. With broad shoulders and muscular arms. You could see tattoos littering his body that pecked through his sleeves and collar of his suit shirt.

He finally looked at me, his eyes vibrant green. Like Nicholas. This must be his father.

"Hello Principessa" he said with a warmth and husky tone that sent shivers down my spine. 

A/N

Hey loves, hope you like this chapter. Please comment and vote.

Love you guy, see ya later <3

Enjoy!

(word count: 795)