Pha revealing

Pha noticed that Alan's heartbeat was slowing down, the magic that combusted on the outside was no match to the one that combusted on the inside, nobody saw it but Alan sure is feeling its effects.

Pha took Alan to his cave, he told his dad that Alan went to the woods to do some of his special magic, where in reality, his heartbeats were getting slower by the passing day. When Pha finally regained the ability to do magic again, he said "Hayet there's no way he's going to make it. I think...I have to do it".

Pha stood up, then he started moving his hands around, Alan started levitating with his chest poking up, with every move Pha's hands made Alan's body moved in the air, then his chest started contracting repeatedly until his heartbeat acquired its previous normal rhythm.Towards the end, Alan started gaining consciousness and he realised what was happening to him. When he got fully healed, he asked Pha "what..was that? You can control people?" Pha sighed and replied "well, I can't stall this any longer. Hayet, you may reveal yourself".Pha's chest glowed brighter than any light Alan has ever seen, and out of it loomed a really beautiful spirit, colored blue, it had the configuration of an axolotl and a koi fish, its ends had the texture of clouds, it's like the spirit's parts faded.

"This is the spirit of life, Hayet, and I'm her current physical body, Pha. Hayet is the only spirit in all of AZ that can shift water and fire simultaneously.

-so..the water and fireshifter didn't really die?

-well he did, but he got reincarnated, and that has been the case for the past one thousand years. I'm Hayet's fifteenth life.

-why did you hide this from me.

-he went as far as deleting your memory when you caught him a few days ago" Hayet said"Because I never wanted to be a shifter, let alone the most powerful of them. Plus, after Ozoumahi died, his first reincarnation, Pela, decided that it is better for the bishifter to never reveal they exist, because they may be forced into working for the Osors, which violates every ethical value Hayet has ever taught us. I trusted you but I didn't trust your mouth slips, so I thought hiding it would be for the best. And by the way, that wasn't controlling people, that is bloodshifting, an extension of watershifting, I helped your blood circulate when your heart got weaker and then I helped it get strong again.

-wow, this is amazing! How could you hide it from me? That was very unnecessary. I still have a few questions though, I want to know more about both of you, not just as abilities and powers, but ideologies, thoughts, past, and you as an Osor and a spirit.

-I guess now that the secret's out there's no harm in telling you about myself, and as to Hayet it's up for her to decide. Every bishifter has their first conversation with Hayet at sixteen, as to her judgement it's a good age where she knows you would not expose yourself, if I knew about my powers at eight years old and my sister had teased me about my shifting I would've probably exposed myself just out of anger and humiliation. Me and Hayet had our first conversation when I was fourteen, on one very hot day, I went out to stay under the suns the whole time the slaves worked, to show my solidarity with them, and at the end of the day I took a long path back home because I wanted to enjoy the view, but midway through, I got a heatstroke, and I fell to the ground next to a cave, this cave, I used all of what I had left of me to crawl to this cave and get under the shade.

My chest glowed just like earlier and she emerged from it, she floated right in front of me, then hovered around, and created a little light tornado, then she pierced me swiftly, and when she came out of me on the other side, I stopped shaking, I was still weak but at least I wasn't actively dying. I still remember our conversation...

"What..what are you?

-I am your spirit, Hayet.

-my spirit?

-everyone has a spirit. Your spirit just happens to be a little special, it can feel beyond the normal and perform magic.

-magic? I can't do that?

-sure you could, you've done it for fourteen lifetimes before and you'll do it now, I will be your teacher, I will help you unlock your first move.

-so now I could be a shifter? Like my sister?

-not quite, you are more special than any other Meskosor, you are a water and fireshifter, simultaneously.

-WHAT? I thought.. I thought only one existed in the history of Touh, and he died about a millennium ago.

-everytime they die they get reincarnated into a next life, but every bishifter after Ozoumahi has chose to hide their identity, they didn't want to contribute to slavery.

-I guess that makes sense, I will be doing the same, imagine if father finds about this, he would use me as a torture machine.

-absolutely, Pha. For now, I, the spirit of life, will be guiding you throughout the basics, and teaching you some things that you need to know, as to advanced shifting, that is up to you to develop".

...

One of the first things I got told about is the reincarnation condition

...

"If during a period of three reincarnations none of the lives created a new magic move that really challenges the limits of water and fireshifting, the reincarnation cycle breaks.

...

Until now, five signature moves got made; bloodshifting, memory withdrawal, fire veins, lightning generation and thought heist.

The two previous lives of mine failed to create a move, so now, my next lives depend on me, if I don't make anything new, Hayet will no longer embody a Touhanian.

-are you working on anything?

-I am. You see, two of the previous moves require both water and fire, two only require fire, and only one requires water alone, so my move is going to even things out, it's called aquatic pacification, when performed on someone, a sphere of water will follow them around wherever they go, if they attempt to start a fight or generate trouble in any way, the water will stop them, if it's verbal the sphere will cover their head, if they launch a fist the water will absorb the shock, you get it. How long the water stays by them depends on the size of the initial sphere and how much trouble they get in.

-is that even possible? Water doesn't have a mind of its down.

-it does, Hayet interrupted, the common misconception about shifting is that's you're controlling the element, whereas in reality people just have an extreme love of ownership that's constantly blinding them, people like feeling in control. When shifting, what actually happens between your spirit and the element is that your spirit asks for permission, the element always grants it, except for a few rare situations. You only shift an element because it allowed you to.