4 : Important Announcement

Yoorin's POV:

This is the day. I can't believe I'm already 18. And yeah. I really can't take of my mind what announcement dad told me. I'm kinda excited and a bit nervous. Aish. I can't wait to know what that announcement is.

"Yoorin! Happy Birthday!!!" said Sehyun while giving me a tight hug.

"Bestie!!! I'm glad you came! I thought you're not coming."

"I'm sorry if I'm late. My cousins are at my house right now and I had to give them instructions and yeah. Long story."

"I understand. What's important is that you came."

"Of course. I promised you I will come so I really kept it."

---

"I'm glad you all came to my daughter's debut party. Yoorin-ah! Happy Birthday! My daughter's 18 now. Time really flies so fast. I can't believe it. You're growing up too fast. Thank you for everything. You never failed to make me happy. I'm really blessed to have a daughter like you. I'm thankful to God. I hope He will give me long life so that I can watch you grow into a successful woman. I would want to see you have your own family. I'm never gonna get tired of taking care of you even though you are a big girl now. Always remember I am here for you every step of the way. Continue to inspire others! I love you so much Yoorin!" my mom said and she kissed me in the cheek.

I expected mom to give a long message. I was right. Then next is dad. Will it also be like mom's long message?

"Happy Birthday Yoorin! I'm just going to make this short. Like your mom, I'm also blessed to have you. When I heard your mom is pregnant, I was really happy. The time I knew she was carrying you in her womb, I was jumping for joy. And now, I can't believe you are already a lady. I wish you all the best in life. I love you so much Yoorin!" dad said and kissed me on the forehead.

Their messages are touching. I don't know why but my tears are already falling now. People might think I'm too emotional but I don't care. My tears, not yours!

Finally!!! It's eating time. I've been waiting for this moment. I am so hungry since awhile ago but now, I can eat as many as I want. Yay!

I went to the area where I can get food. I immediately lined up.

"Happy Birthday Yoorin!"

"Oh. J-Jimin. You're here."

And here goes my heart again. *dug dug*

"I'll hold the plate for you."

"No t-thanks. I c-can manage."

"Yoorin. Let me help you okay?"

"F-Fine. Thank Y-You."

"No problem."

Jimin, Why are being like this to me? I can't stop this fast beating heart of mine. Why am I being like this whenever you're around? I can't understand what I'm feeling right now. Ugh.

---

"How dare you hurt my bestfriend!"

I'm dancing with this jerk-Taehyung right now. And of course, I'm teaching him a lesson.

"So? We're over. I don't care if she got hurt. It's her fault! She didn't even control her feelings. Everybody knows that I don't take relationships seriously."

"Wow. You really don't care about others feelings huh? Aren't you aware of what you are doing? You're hurting a lot of girls. We are not toys that you can play. So stop being like this!"

"I know what I'm doing okay? You don't have the right to tell me what to do. It's my life anyway so I can do whatever I want to even if it hurts others!"

I stepped on his foot. Good thing I'm wearing heels. Take that Taehyung! I'm still not done with you yet. I'm not yet satisfied with this conversation.

"Ouch. What was that for?"

"You know what. You are so selfish Taehyung! You only think about yourself. You don't care if you hurt someone's feelings? Really? You are not the Taehyung I know."

"Yoorin, people change. Can you just please mind your own life not mine? And please tell your bestfriend to not be stupid."

"You don't have the right to call my bestfriend stupid. You really are a jerk!"

"Tss."

Ugh! I hate him so much!

---

"Good evening to all of you. I have an important announcement to tell. Mr. and Mrs. Kim and I have made an agreement to set an arranged marriage between their son Taehyung Kim and our daughter Yoorin Jung...."

Wait what? Arranged marriage? Taehyung and what?!? Meeee??? WHY? Why did they have to do this to me? I know I am legal to marry anyone already but why so early? And the worst is getting married to that guy. I can't let that happen. I need to talk to mom and dad.

"Mom, why are you doing this? Don't you like me anymore that's why you're giving me to Taehyung already? Am I a bad child? Why do I have to get married to him?" I was already crying.

"Why are you crying sweetheart? Is that tears of joy?" my dad asked me.

"Dad! Please don't let me marry that guy! I don't want to get married pleaseee?" I begged them.

"We need a share of their company Yoorin. The sales of our company are getting lower and we need them so that we can fix this problem. They wanted an arranged marriage for you both. That is their condition and if we agree, they will help us Yoorin." said Mom.

"But mom.-"

"We are doing this for you. We don't have any money to send you to school next school year. We don't have any solution and they are only what we have. We want you to have a nice future Yoorin" mom was already crying.

I don't like seeing her like this. Well, if I need to do this to help them then I'll sacrifice. I'll get married to Taehyung. I have nothing to do. I don't want to see them having a hard time so I'll just agree with their plan even if it kills me inside. I love them so much that I'm willing to do anything just to make them happy.

~♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥~

I hope you like this chapter!!! ♡