34

October 25th, 2022

Kira Pov.

I sat on the edge of my bed and stared at the clock. Time passes by so slow in a place like this. I have a two and a half weeks left in this place and I can't wait to go.

I know it was my idea to put myself in this place and i'm glad i'm getting help but i'm ready to go.

Over the past two days all I could think about was my party. All the shit that went down. Seeing the hurt in Liyah eyes. If only I could explain myself.

"Mrs. Hill your mother is here to see you." The nurse said making me jump.

"Okay let her in." I said to the nurse.

My mother walked in with a weird look on her face. It looked like she had been crying but she also looked mad at the same time.

"Mom what-" I tried to say before she put her hand up and shook her head.

She then started pacing around the room in deep thought. I was about to open my mouth to talk again but she finally looked at me and stood still. We stared at each for what felt like forever but in reality it was only two minutes.

"Kira i'm gonna ask you something and you better not lie." Ma said.

I just looked at her and nodded. I was getting nervous because I knew it was something serious.

"Did your brother kill your father?" She asked.

My heart dropped. Out of everything she could have said I never thought it would be those words.

She put her hands on her hips waiting on my answer but I had no idea what to say. Did KD tell her? Did he break our promise? I kept asking myself those questions over and over. But there was no way KD would tell her. We promised each other.

"No. Where did you get that from?" I asked.

She looked at me with so much anger I couldn't even recognize her. My mother wasn't a angry person. Yea she would do her fair share of yelling at me and Khalan but she was always loving.

"You just lied to your own mothers face. I raised both of y'all. I did everything just for y'all. Khalan told me he did it. Kira how could you of all people lie to me. My own daughter." Ma said.

My heart broke. I know me and my brother haven't been on good terms lately but this was something I thought he'd never do.

"What he would never tell you that. We made a promise." I said.

"Well I guess you not the only lying child I got. Your brother told me everything." She said.

I was holding in tears that wanted to escape so badly. My mother knew what happened to me. I never wanted her to know.

"Wait. If my brother told you everything then the real question is how could you be so upset about him dying." I asked.

"What the fuck do you mean. That was my husband, your father. Besides y'all he was my everything. He loved us." My mother said.

"WHAT THE FUCK. How dare you. Your my mother." I said.

Next thing I know my own mother slapped me. I grabbed my face in shock and I did something i'd never thought I would do.